New Do-All Rifle Build - 7mm Sherman Max

lilharcher

Spent a year doing my diligence. Was seeking a do-all hunting rig for all N.A. species.......light enough to carry on a Dall Sheep hunt, plenty of energy for Moose, Elk, etc, flat shooting, non-powder guzzler, and a few other ancillary considerations. Chose the new ARC Archimedes action and Hells Canyon ("HCA") Carbon Killer barrel......and had Mike from HCA spin up the barrel and put it all together. Likely sending 167/177 gr pills at deer and goats, and 180/195 gr. pills at elk and moose. Going to top with Nightforce NX8 MOAR reticle. Should have it in my hands next week.

990CCF87-B52E-4F75-A57F-13BCA1B20419.jpeg

6ADB926D-EE3B-4708-8BFE-DE874C417227.jpeg

CC499CF0-6CCC-4FEF-8360-CA6C6652B8E3.jpeg
ACE3D3EE-46B7-4E65-B71B-FC83B401E4BC.jpeg
768511AE-56F8-4E3F-AED6-1E43577673EE.jpeg
84FC832A-967B-424D-82AF-73A50D98B6C3.jpeg

Very nice ! Interesting looking action. What does the screw at the rear top of the action(at the scope rail) do ? Weight ? What model/ power scope ? you have brass, dies, etc ?

Wood officially sprung!!! Be sure to try the 180 Hybrids, you killed everything else on this build.

Expecting 7.5lbs pre scope. NX8 4-32x weighs 29 ounces I believe.......so slightly less than 9.5 lbs w/ scope. Action amazingly smooth when cycling. Can shoot 7 saum ammo to fire form brass......have 200+ brass. Still need dies. Will be using N570 powder, which I have plenty of.

Really, Really nice build. Exactly the component list that I would have chosen. I have been considering the Archimedes action for a build. Please give us all of the feedback you can on it. Do you have a picture of the loaded ammo, or even just a fireformed case to share? What is the powder capacity compared to the 7mm Saum?

Very nice ! Interesting looking action. What does the screw at the rear top of the action(at the scope rail) do ? Weight ? What model/ power scope ? you have brass, dies, etc ?
I was curious about the screw/knob on the rear of the action as well. It is the bolt stop. Very robust. To remove the bolt, you rotate the bolt stop knob on the left side of the action to the up position and the bolt will slide out.

Really, Really nice build. Exactly the component list that I would have chosen. I have been considering the Archimedes action for a build. Please give us all of the feedback you can on it. Do you have a picture of the loaded ammo, or even just a fireformed case to share? What is the powder capacity compared to the 7mm Saum?

Thank you......spent a lot of time researching prior to picking all components. Love the Archimedes thus far.....it dry cycles like a dream and is ultra smooth. My range is still closed, so haven't gotten to shoot it yet. I have 5 full boxes of older Remington 7 saum ammo that I plan to shoot first, which will essentially provide me w/ 100 pieces of fire formed brass......will eventually get some ADG brass too, and compare how the Remington Brass holds up and shoots vs. what I consider the best brass on the market - ADG. Will keep you posted.