new deer rifle

Im not saying anything bad about the .300 wsm, as it can do anything the .300 winchester does, However if i was buying one i would probally go with a weatherby. I had a savage model 12 .300wsm. A good friend of mine is a gunsmith so he did some work on it for me for free and it shot great. Second time I had it out on the range a guy offered me $1200 bucks for it!! of course i sold it(i payed $650 for it new)

actually the left hand browning a bolt hunter is 60 dollars less than the winchester 70 classic left hand-msrp wise anyway, and i have found left hand a bolts on gunbroker.com for considerably less than left hand winchesters

The abolt hunter is cheaper, but the winchester is better, go to a browning abolt medallion or a stainless stalker and then compare prices

I have a Browning A-Bolt in 270 WSM that I bought for my son, and a Savage 11 in 300 WSM that I just got for me.

Both are excellent rifles. The Savage has the accutrigger, and is as good as the Jewell in my Remington 700, but hundreds of dollars cheaper.

Both rifles shoot better than I do. Pick whichever one you like, and you'll be happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.