New custom from Darrell Holland

The Oregonian

Have had this about a month and couldn't be happier. Took the EOL long range school (great school, by the way) and have been doing load work (mainly taking the load that came with it and adjusting to my scale, my lot of powder and primers, etc) in addition to spending some time at the range.

It is a 30-06 with a 24" Hart 10 twist (not sure of profile as I asked him to hit a target weight of 9 lbs) in Holland's Signature Series (McMillan Hunter stock, Holland's Borden action, Jewel) ADL version.

Couldn't be happier with craftsmanship, performance, and every aspect of the gun and the process of picking out exactly what I wanted...a rifle primarily for deer 500 and in that can also take an occasional elk, with factory ammo available easily (I was not planing on getting into reloading but got sucked in :)).

Here are a few pics, followed by a few targets from doing some load work with my lots of components. It dialed right in for a .25 3 shot when it hit the sweet spot at 57.3gr of H4350 with velocity of 2840.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 180
Target Pics

57.3gr target with a Sharpie for comparison.

Attachments

• Targets 1.jpg
    Targets 1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Targets 2.jpg
    Targets 2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 137
  • Targets 3.jpg
    Targets 3.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 141
Sweet I love it and guys are finally remembering where to put the bolt

Yup---it's nice to see that bolt on the "correct" side. It is also nice to see the ole 06' in a custom build. I've got an 06 improved build going on now in a tikka t3 lite----looking forward to it.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.