New custom from Darrell Holland

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by The Oregonian, May 27, 2015.

1. The Oregonian

The Oregonian Well-Known Member

Have had this about a month and couldn't be happier. Took the EOL long range school (great school, by the way) and have been doing load work (mainly taking the load that came with it and adjusting to my scale, my lot of powder and primers, etc) in addition to spending some time at the range.

It is a 30-06 with a 24" Hart 10 twist (not sure of profile as I asked him to hit a target weight of 9 lbs) in Holland's Signature Series (McMillan Hunter stock, Holland's Borden action, Jewel) ADL version.

Couldn't be happier with craftsmanship, performance, and every aspect of the gun and the process of picking out exactly what I wanted...a rifle primarily for deer 500 and in that can also take an occasional elk, with factory ammo available easily (I was not planing on getting into reloading but got sucked in :)).

Here are a few pics, followed by a few targets from doing some load work with my lots of components. It dialed right in for a .25 3 shot when it hit the sweet spot at 57.3gr of H4350 with velocity of 2840.

Attached Files:

2. The Oregonian

The Oregonian Well-Known Member

Target Pics

57.3gr target with a Sharpie for comparison.

Attached Files:

3. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

Congrats,that's a really nice set up.

4. Rick Richard

Rick Richard Well-Known Member

Looks like a shooter for sure. Congrats!

5. ofdscooby

ofdscooby Well-Known Member

Sweet I love it and guys are finally remembering where to put the bolt

6. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Good looking set up. You'll have many happy days ahead of you.

7. mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner Well-Known Member

Yup---it's nice to see that bolt on the "correct" side. It is also nice to see the ole 06' in a custom build. I've got an 06 improved build going on now in a tikka t3 lite----looking forward to it.

Randy