New coyote build wrapped up

matt_3479

Well I got sick and tired of my problematic semi custom 700 and decided it was time for an upgrade! Build is;

-Ks Sar 3 lug action
-Kreiger 1:11 twist and Benchmark 1:10 twist 20 tactical #5's
- McMillan htg
- hawkins bottom metal
- trigger tech diamond

have 600 39 blitzkings ans 300 35gr bergers.

3285BB51-C72E-41FC-B538-BCF2CAF0C364.jpeg
5F6D4660-F326-4804-8C9A-0B514D7BE02C.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice. I hear good things about KS and plan to try some of their products in the future.

Very nice. I hear good things about KS and plan to try some of their products in the future.

i have 1 barrel currently in 25 creed, and have a blank in 6mm to chamber up here at some point. I know of 8 other barrels from buddies and guys at the range and everyone is extremely pleased with them. would of went with ks barrels on this one but benchmark had a huge sale, and the krieger was pulled off the Remington, cut back and re fit.

The action I have extremely little amount of time with it obviously but from initial impressions I'm overly pleased with it!! Buttery smooth, bolt lift is unbelievably light for a 3 lug and lighter then some 2 lugs. Machining and finish looks top notch. I have 6 different custom actions currently and it as good as any of them!!

Matt are you doing your yote hunting in southern Ontario? If so, is there much for open country to air that rig out?

Matt are you doing your yote hunting in southern Ontario? If so, is there much for open country to air that rig out?
Yes sir I am. The properties I hunt have opportunities from 50-700 yards roughly. Only 1 is further but never had a dog outside of 700 range. This rifle is mainly for 400ish and in. Start to loose too much energy past that. On the property that are mainly longer with stubborn coyotes a 6 comes out too incase they just won't come in.

Last year had the 20 out and a dog came out at 550-560 yards and just sat there for just a touch over 12 mins on the fox pro, and nothing. Had the 6 laying beside me. He sat there for Atleast anther 3-4 mins while I set up the kestrel, got my dope, range him again, switched rifles and made the shot lol.

Love that rifle. Very well done. What happened with your R700?

its in the closet. The original set up was a 700 short action trued, krieger barrel, jewel trigger and Remington 700 laminate stock. The action was ugly and problematic. Ugly by the means that it's a black action with fluted bolt and it looks as if the previous owner tried using sand paper to sand the bluing off to stainless but used 3 grit lol. It's rough as hell. The original extractor must be broken as it extracts every time but it doesn't slip over the case head properly and 1 out of ever 10 rounds will not close.

Well I got sick and tired of my problematic semi custom 700 and decided it was time for an upgrade! Build is;

-Ks Sar 3 lug action
-Kreiger 1:11 twist and Benchmark 1:10 twist 20 tactical #5's
- McMillan htg
- hawkins bottom metal
- trigger tech diamond

have 600 39 blitzkings ans 300 35gr bergers.

View attachment 281064View attachment 281065
very nice rig!