New CNC'd machined Remington 700 Clones by Mike Rock

Jeff In TX

New CNC\'d machined Remington 700 Clones by Mike Rock

When I had my rifle rebarrled by Mike Rock at Rock Creek barrels last winter, he mentioned he was working on his own remington type action. I just talked with Mike. He will have Remington 700 cloned actions clones available (left and right hand action) ready by the end of this month. They are not mentioned on his web site yet, but give him a call and he'll be glad to fill you in on all the details.

These actions will not have to be trued. They a being manufactured on CNC machines and are being held to highest tolerences possible.

There will also be different options that will be available. Here are just a few...
3 different sized actions; extra short, short & long
Any size bolt face
Sako or regular extractor
regular or 3-position safety
standard or extra long thread length
5/16 inch thick recoil lug (pinned)

Prices will start in the mid $500.00 range.

I'm going to have George Gardner at GA Percision build my new 300 WSM on a one of Mike's new left-handed actions this winter.

Hope it helps,

Rock Creek Barrels

[ 11-07-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

[ 11-07-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

Re: New CNC\'d machined Remington 700 Clones by Mike Rock

I would hope they're carbon steel.

I hope Mike would quit telling big windies. He has been promising actions for a long time so I wouldn't hold your breath guys. I hope I am wrong, but George and I spent a week this June at Mike's shop and he promised us he wasn't doing anything else other than making barrels- sticking to what he does best.

Mike has been telling people about this action he is making for 5 years now. I have been to his shop several times and I have never seen any custom Mike Rock Actions, prototypes, anything. I even have 3 or 4 guys waiting to buy them. I believe this is a more of a wish on Mikes part. But lets give it another 5 years and see what happens. I would call Nesika in the mean time they already do a nice tight 700 clone.

George
G.A. Precision

Well George,

I guess we'll have to talk about using a different action for my 300 WSM project. I'll be in KC on business in a couple weeks and I'll stop by at the shop again and see if we can't get everything set up.

Jeff

Buy a BAT action. I had mine in 3 months.
grin.gif
After my smith had all the parts the gun was togeather in 5 weeks ready to shoot and one week later it was down to Light gun weight.

grin.gif

I had to brag on BAT and Rodger a bit.
grin.gif

Randy in Va
How's that big gun of yours comming?

[ 11-08-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

Jeff,

Consider using the Winchester action for your 300 WSM project. The problem with Remington is that the magazine is too short to take advantage of the heavier bullets because they have to seated too deep. The Winchester magazine is a little bit longer and allows the 190s and up to be seated out far enough out to get use of all of the case volume.

[ 11-08-2003: Message edited by: Blaine Fields ]

Jeffand Blaine-
Stick with thr Remmy- We (George and I) buld 'em all the time on a Remmy and install the Wyatts extended mag box so there is no problem using the 190 MK.

I have known about the recievers for about 2 years now and reserved the serial numbers 002 and 003.... I am Still waiting.

But I think it will be worth the wait. It the recievers turn out half as good as the barrels then I will be very happy.

If it doesn't work out, owe well, nothing lost on my part.

bryan

[ 11-11-2003: Message edited by: xring01 ]

Jeff and Blaine,

I say what Chris said......

He put a Wyatts in my first 300WSM built on a Remmy.. and it works GREAT!!!
He's doing the same thing on the second one he's building for me! I plan on shooting the 190's and 200's from it!

Chris and George have built bunches doing this.. George ( If I remember correctly ) did the same thing for his own rifle....

will the wyatts "device" let a 6.5-284 into a rem SA??--what is the max OAL with the wyatt box??

JB

JB,
Depends on where you throat the chamber to get into a SA with the 142's. Can easily do it using the 140's. The Wyatt's extended box gives you about 0.100" more room than a factory box.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.