New Cartridge 6.8 Western

Here are my first round for load RL26 x 170 EOL development for my 270wsm 26" Bartlien barrel.
Custom PTG Reamer for 170's

Here are my first round for load RL26 x 170 EOL development for my 270wsm 26" Bartlien barrel.
Custom PTG Reamer for 170's
This look sweet!! Will be starting my 270. Wsm build this year finally. Please keep us posted on velocity and results. What is your build!

I bought a 300 WBY Vanguard on clearance sale had the reamer made then sent rifle to Bartlien they set everything up. Hope to shoot it for first time tomorrow afternoon.

A lot of these new cartridges are the same reason Budweiser sells tall boys, 12 oz, bottles, 6 packs, 12 packs, 24 packs, 40s, suitcases, those great big cans for the bums... It's all the same beer but they get to own so much shelf space at the grocery store with all those options, and there's only so much shelf space.

The other day at a Sportsman's Warehouse
There were over fifty boxes of loaded 6.8 western cartridges on the ammo shelf
No other loaded ammo in the store accept .40 S&W
I asked if they had a rifle to go with all the ammo,
They said it would be a few months.

The other day at a Sportsman's Warehouse
There were over fifty boxes of loaded 6.8 western cartridges on the ammo shelf
No other loaded ammo in the store accept .40 S&W
I asked if they had a rifle to go with all the ammo,
They said it would be a few months.
IMG_20210226_132623.jpg

Yep. Took that picture yesterday. Received the same answer from them about the availability of rifles. Mid year or later 😆

Could be genius marketing. By the time rifles show up there will be so much anxiety about never finding ammo again, and heres allll this 6.8 ammo. Everyone will reflex buy and it will be the new creed.🤔
Just think though ADG, Atlas and Peterson will make good brass for it.
And WSM cases will be obsolete. 🤣
Edited spell check

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.