Misha

Anyone have any experience with Hardy Rifles or Southfort Labs rifle stocks?
(sorry if this has been discussed somewhere)
https://www.hardyrifle.co.nz/
https://www.southfortlabs.com/

Does anyone use AG composites stocks? I know Manners and Mcmillan are great, but wanted to check out these other options and see if anyone has used them for lightweight builds.

Doing a custom build and wanted to see if anyone has used these stocks

Thanks

Good to hear! Which models do you have and do they weight +/- to what is listed on the website? How would you compare them to Manners?

Appreciate any info as i'm doing a lightweight build right now

Good to hear! Which models do you have and do they weight +/- to what is listed on the website? How would you compare them to Manners?

Appreciate any info as i'm doing a lightweight build right now
I have the Carbon All Terrain on my 28 Nosler and I used the M50 from Stockys on a 300 Win. I also have 2 Manners CF stocks and I would say that the AG stocks are just as good in my opinion. The weights were as stated online.

Great, thank you for the info! will have to see what lead times are over there.

Still interested if anyone comments or reply with info about those New Zealand stocks as I'm hearing them getting super light 18-20 oz set ups.

I have manners, ag, mcmillan, all quality. Have a southfork for a tikka and the action screws now aren't long enough, will have to inlet more for bottom metal, not too impressive, it is light tho. I will be trying a Mesa Precision altitude on my next build, which is a Tikka t3 in 6.5 saum, hells canyon 1:7.5 26" barrel.

I have manners, ag, mcmillan, all quality. Have a southfork for a tikka and the action screws now aren't long enough, will have to inlet more for bottom metal, not too impressive, it is light tho. I will be trying a Mesa Precision altitude on my next build, which is a Tikka t3 in 6.5 saum, hells canyon 1:7.5 26" barrel.

Highdrum - good to hear. Thanks for letting me know. I'm interested in which model stock you have from them and what it weighed. that is good to know tho that don't have good tolerances or QC...

If it doesn't hurt the stock to inlet more out for your actions screws to fit....I might consider getting longer action screws and cutting them to length you need. My buddy ordered in some of the correct thread/TPI rod and turned his own head too for a custom project he was working on. But if doesn't hurt the stock, just drilling it out would be way better. that sounds like a great build what is your final weight on that 6.5 saum?
Thanks

I have the Carbon All Terrain on my 28 Nosler and I used the M50 from Stockys on a 300 Win. I also have 2 Manners CF stocks and I would say that the AG stocks are just as good in my opinion. The weights were as stated online.
My 6.5 Saum weighs 7.5 lb but the manners eh6a adds quite a bit of weight vs the non adjustable eh6.
20181205_192703.jpg

Nice looking rifle! That is 7.5 with the adjustable cheek stock?

I'm trying to build a 300 PRC to come in at 8 lbs with scope....but it is proving very hard. wish now i would have just got a Titanium action to begin with. Right now I have a standard SS 700 LA, standard BDL with Timney 2 stage, Proof 26" sendero 8" twist, Manners EH1, Talley Lightweight scope rings, and it comes in around 126 oz. or 7.87 lbs. but depending on optic choice pushes it beyond the 8 lb mark.

Thinking I could make up most of the weight in the stock area by switching to a different/lighter option and found these New Zealand stocks....

Nice looking rifle! That is 7.5 with the adjustable cheek stock?

I'm trying to build a 300 PRC to come in at 8 lbs with scope....but it is proving very hard. wish now i would have just got a Titanium action to begin with. Right now I have a standard SS 700 LA, standard BDL with Timney 2 stage, Proof 26" sendero 8" twist, Manners EH1, Talley Lightweight scope rings, and it comes in around 126 oz. or 7.87 lbs. but depending on optic choice pushes it beyond the 8 lb mark.

Thinking I could make up most of the weight in the stock area by switching to a different/lighter option and found these New Zealand stocks....
Mine is 7.5 lbs with the EH6 A in the picture but that is without the scope. I also have a 26-inch barrel and a brake on it. I personally think it is about perfect the way it sits. It is balanced very well and if it was any lighter it would just have more recoil.

True the lighter you go the more recoil, but your brake will help that... Agree, don't want to go too light with a 300 PRC for the recoil but thinking I could manage for hopefully only needing 1 or 2 shots. I would drill out the stock to lighten it up, but if I want to sell later then i'm afraid no one would want to buy it.

Highdrum - good to hear. Thanks for letting me know. I'm interested in which model stock you have from them and what it weighed. that is good to know tho that don't have good tolerances or QC...

If it doesn't hurt the stock to inlet more out for your actions screws to fit....I might consider getting longer action screws and cutting them to length you need. My buddy ordered in some of the correct thread/TPI rod and turned his own head too for a custom project he was working on. But if doesn't hurt the stock, just drilling it out would be way better. that sounds like a great build what is your final weight on that 6.5 saum?
Thanks
It's a kiwi composites now southfort bush hunter. The bottom metel sticks out the bottom a ways, just seems that the cnc that inlet tool depth wasn't set right, it's not a problem, but I'd prefer proper inlet vs my bottom metal sticking out. My 6.5 saum will be in the 6.5# range without optics. Mike from hells canyon is still smithing it up.

I have McMillan's and AG Composites. Like them both. I have the AG Adjustable Hunter and it is all carbon fiber and very lightweight. I don't remember exactly what it weighed, but do remember that it was exactly what their website said it would weigh.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.