new Canadian

jwkace12

Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I live in Alberta Canada. I have been hunting for 21 years now. I have a leuplod VXlll4.5-14x40 and i just got the CDS installed on it and thought it would be a good time to join a long range fourm. I am looking for a good ballistic calculator. I have tried to use the one on here but it tells me to register but I can't seem to find the spot to register. Could some one please help me.
Thank you
Jason

Well it seems as though the welcoming commity is on holliday lately!
Allow me to say hello from the south, sure is some pretty cow country up there.
I am a diehard Leupold fan, the support Hunter Education and offer the Hunter Ed instructor pricing for some really good deals. How do you like the CDS? I have thought about getting one for my VX-III but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I just put it on my scope and I haven't shot it yet. I'm going out this weekend to sight it in. I know I need lots of practice shooting long distances but with this it should help me tighten up my groups. I will let you know how it goes.

I have a Remington 700 CDL chambered in 300 ultra mag. I'm shooting a 180 gr nosler accubond bullet with 89gr of IMR 7828. Its traveling at 3229 fps. I got under 1\2 inch group at 100yrds. I'm very happy with the entire set up. I just hope I'm able to be steady enough to shoot long distances.

I would say with proper practice and tweaking, if nessasary, will give you just the ticket, those Ultra mags are a round to be reconed with! They kill on one end and maim on the other! Good luck to you on your long range pursuits!

if you can get ahold of the cd that LEE reloading has it has a bullet drop compensator in it but to use it as for all BDC's you must know your sectional density and balistic coefficiant AND your muzzle velosity. So, a day with a chrono for your favorite load is in order.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.