New bullet to play with.

The record holder
Hornady 143-147 grain seating stem a no go with the Lehigh.
Contact lehigh and get the ogive caliber they used and match up to a seater stem if they don't have a recommendation is the best way to know.
I would think you are okay. I'd much rather a slight ring on the ogive vs crushing the tip from a more blunt stem.

The record holder

Contact lehigh and get the ogive caliber they used and match up to a seater stem if they don't have a recommendation is the best way to know.
I would think you are okay. I'd much rather a slight ring on the ogive vs crushing the tip from a more blunt stem.
The tip is touching. I used the original stem and it's fixed. It's a little farther up the bullet than normal, but I'm getting .002" and better runout.
Being lathe turned, the ogive and length is consistent, so I'm pretty confident they will be fine.

Got these to 3000 FPS today with 4451. I haven't maxed out yet. 7.5 mils to 1000 @ 800 ft. 70 degrees.
The load felt so mild I believe 3100 FPS is easily attainable. The recoil is non existent. I would probably run this load if I was maxed out. I'm going farther for now. It feels like a 223 the scope doesn't move. Lol

I am, loaded some to 45.5 grains today. The powder is all the way up the neck. Hope I get 3100fps or I'm going to have to try a different powder. What's everyone using as a homemade drop tube for 6.5mm?

I am, loaded some to 45.5 grains today. The powder is all the way up the neck. Hope I get 3100fps or I'm going to have to try a different powder. What's everyone using as a homemade drop tube for 6.5mm?
I use a fishng rod that broke glued to a funnel on top and on the bottom. This way I can use it for a wide variety of cases. I have a 2' drop

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.