New build

devildoc

Well, finally got this one done. It's been a hassle between waiting on the barrel, waiting on the bolt etc. But so far it definately seems that it has been worth the wait. I've got 60 down the tube so far and the largest group I've shot was a little over 3/4 minute. Had some nice groups yesterday in the .2's and .3's. What I was really tickled with, is the first 6 shots (incuding 2 fowlers) went into a nice little .3 group. Anyway, I'm not the photographer that many of you are but heres a pic of the new toy.

6.5-284
Specs: Rem 700 action fully blueprinted with PTG bolt, shroud and firing pin assembly.
26" Krieger stainless #4 contour 8" twist with Artus break (no ports at 6:00), chambered with .290 neck.
H-S precision sporter in sand.
Factory Rem trigger set nice and crisp at just over 2lbs.
Leupold LRT 6.5-20X50 with varmint reticle.
Burris signiture rings and two piece bases.
Gunsmith: Bruce Artus

DSCF0706.jpg

Last edited:
There are a few threads on here about how to post a picture, use the search function.

Basically you need to have the picture hosted by a website such as Photobucket.

Copy the direct link code from photobucket and then when posting in the thread click the yellow icon with the picture of the mountain (to the left of the speech bubble/quote icon) and paste in the direct link code.

That should work. Be good to see a picture of your rifle, it sounds really good.

Stu.

There are a few threads on here about how to post a picture, use the search function.

Basically you need to have the picture hosted by a website such as Photobucket.

Copy the direct link code from photobucket and then when posting in the thread click the yellow icon with the picture of the mountain (to the left of the speech bubble/quote icon) and paste in the direct link code.

That should work. Be good to see a picture of your rifle, it sounds really good.

Stu.

Did that, no worky-worky. Uploaded to myspace, clicked the add picture button, posted url of aforementioned uploaded pin in box.........results: little red "X" in little white box.

Hmmm, sounds like you are doing it right, not sure what you could do apart from trying a different picture hosting site. I use photobucket and have never had a problem.

Stu.

It does look like it's going to be a shooter. I like the tan colored stock. Nice choice in a 6.5. It will be a great antelope/deer or sheep rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.