New build in the works

nddodd

Well I got the ball rollin, Mr Neal Cooper is having me one of his beautifull stocks made. I've got my target action coming, and I just ordered my barrel chambered in 6x284, 8 twist 4 groove 19". I also have one of Jim See's muscle brakes.

Now the crappy part the wait, for those that don't know me I'm very impatient so this is going to kill me.

For those of you that wish to help me in my time of need please feel free to post pics of yalls stuff and tell me all about them.

Thanks guys can't wait to show y'all pics of mine,

Nathan

Hey Nathan
This is a pic of one that I built a while back. It is a 30BR with a 6BR switch barrel built on a Bat action with a Russo stock Kreiger barrel
hy-2.jpg
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc330/rem40xb1/hy-2.jpg

Nathan, your going to love that brake, the feedback I'm getting from the pistol guys is that there is nothing better on a handgun for reducing recoil and the concussion effect than the 3 port muscle brake.

Nathan, your going to love that brake, the feedback I'm getting from the pistol guys is that there is nothing better on a handgun for reducing recoil and the concussion effect than the 3 port muscle brake.

Jim I want to apologize for all the see sawing I've done with you about gunsmith work. As soon as I get all this stuff together if you don't mind I'd love to send it to you and have you install your brake on it.

Thanks again Jim for making a cool brake,
Nathan

nddodd, what action and barrel manufacturer did you go with?

I'm going with a right bolt left port savage target action, and decided to go with Mcgowan for the barrel. I had a mcgowan on a 338 edge I used to have, one of the best shooting guns I've ever owned.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what kind of velocity I may get out of a 19" barrel with the 107 smk or the 105 Berger.

Thanks guys,
Nathan

rem40xb1, that is one cool looking pistol, love the color setup on the stock and barrel fluting.

Well I got the ball rollin, Mr Neal Cooper is having me one of his beautifull stocks made. I've got my target action coming, and I just ordered my barrel chambered in 6x284, 8 twist 4 groove 19". I also have one of Jim See's muscle brakes.

Now the crappy part the wait, for those that don't know me I'm very impatient so this is going to kill me.

For those of you that wish to help me in my time of need please feel free to post pics of yalls stuff and tell me all about them.

Thanks guys can't wait to show y'all pics of mine,

Nathan

nddodd,
glad to see you are back up and running. I have been there and am doing that. I too have been putting together a couple of projects with Neal Cooper stocks (which I think you are going to really, really like) and custom barrels. I know exactly what you mean about the waiting. It will all be worth it though, trust me, you are going to end up with a one of a kind rig.
STRIKERWITHNEALCOOPERSTOCK003-1.jpg

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
John

Last edited:
Sure thing John, your gun looks awesome man. Hope everyone keeps the pics coming it's easing my pain.....lol

-Nathan

Sure thing John, your gun looks awesome man. Hope everyone keeps the pics coming it's easing my pain.....lol

-Nathan

More pictures? Ok Nathan, here is just a small sneak peak at the dual port project that Neal has been helping me get put together. Notice the new grip design.
John

SAVAGETARGETACTION338EDGE005.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple SPs I just got done working on. I made the stocks and bedding and chambered 3 of them.
P1000890.jpg

In the back row 3" leopard stock 4" walnut stock front row 6" glass stock, 6" walnut offset, 6" leopard offset, 6" offset and a standard rear grip hunting stock.

Last edited:
More pictures? Ok Nathan, here is just a small sneak peak at the dual port project that Neal has been helping me get put together. Notice the new grip design.
John

SAVAGETARGETACTION338EDGE005.jpg

Alright John don't leave me hanging man give me some specs on that awesome looking rig. I'm just setting here salavating wishing I had one of my own. Maybe by middle of may or so I'll have all my parts.

Keep em coming,

-Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.