New build in 338 LM

Korhil78

Well, after a lot of thinking, I have decided to go with a 338 LM build. Want to thank Broz and TikkaMike for all of the help. I have mixed and matched their ideas and came up with this build. It will be set up with:

Stiller TAC338 action (single shot) with a 20 MOA rail
McMillan A3 stock
28" Fluted hart barrel with Sendero contour
3 or 4 port muscle brake
Jewell trigger
Badger 50 max rings
Scope is still up in the air

Chamber will be made around the 300 gr Berger OTM.

Hopefully if everything goes right, I will have it this fall or winter. Won't get the action or stock until around May because of the long line for both!

Either way, it should be a tackdriver! Will keep everyone posted along the way.

TikkaMike has gone way out of his way to help me get this build up and running and for that I am very thankful for his assistance.

Special thanks goes to my wife for not killing me in my sleep after I told/asked her about this!

I didn't see what your intended purpose so I assume hunting out to ? yardage. I bought a TRG 42 338LM mainly to play with and possible hunting. Put a 25 MOA tapered base on mine and now wish I had listened to Mr. Near and bought the 45 MOA one. I can dial out to a mile though. Don't have enough elevation even with 100 MOA and 20 MOA holdover in reticle to PLAY at extreme distance.

You'll be plently happy with you choice. I love my 338 LM, it's a hammer on big game. It also looks like you selected some great parts as well for your build! Keep us posted on the progress.

Well, I have the action, stock, barrel, brake, trigger and trigger guard ordered. The barrel will be done at the latest 8 weeks. Stock and action will be done around May. All the rest of the items I will have in about two weeks. Will be ordering the 50 max scope rings tomorrow. No turning back now! Kind of excited to see how accurate this single shot will be!

I would talk to BROZ and see about using the smith that built his. Read some of his posts about his 338 and it is a shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.