New build finally done.(300WM)

BergerBoy

I'm NOT a patriot... I am a U.S. Constitutionalist
I had to have this done three different times before I got the accuracy that I knew it was capable of. No matter what equipment you have you are TRULY at the mercy of the Smith assembling your rifle.

Bartlein Barrel 1-9 5R M24 contour
AICS 2.0
Timney @ 2.5 pds.
Stiller TAC 300 action w/20 MOA rail
Surefire brake
Badger Max 50 rings
4.5 -27 Gen 2 Scope took the NXS off and I am giving the Vortex a try....

I got it back and it would not feed and shot 4-5 inch groups!!! Next douche-bag screwed the barrel in the action to lessen the over .5 inch jump (it needed to be re-chambered)but didn't even thread the brake, it was completely up and down!! I was NOT trying to save money and the two previous smiths were highly recommended...
Finally Justin Sip at Justin Sip Custom Guns got it all re-chambered and taken care of, properly and correctly. My thanks to him.
Good luck with your builds...gun)

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2-2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2-2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 171
Nice rig. Feel your pain on the smith front.

What is your intended use?

Why 1:9 twist? that's pretty fast and you only need 1:10 to stabilize 230grain bullets.

With a 300wm, you should read this...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/

Actually id you run the numbers, it's border-line stabilized and when I spoke to Bryan Litz at SHOT he told me that the faster twist would give me better stability when going through transonic. He also said "you can't over-stabile a bullet" like must think you can.
I like the 9 twist- it took my SG from 1.37-1.41 to 1.81 ish
good luck.

My intended use is... the last time we went out 1774 yards at a 30 in. peice of steel. 55.25 MOA of elevation. Shoot steel maybe a bit farther and hunt at about half that.

I"m glad you finally got it done right. Good looking rig. It is a shame that there are so many "gunsmiths" out there who will take your money for the job when they didn't do the job!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.