New Build - Action opinions

Out of those 3 the Tenacity gets my vote. The ONLY reason I would go with the Origin over the Tenacity is if you are wanting to run a switch barrel setup. Speaking of switch barrel setups, I just went through this same exact action selection process myself and had it down to the Tenacity vs Gunwerks GRB ... I ended up going with the Terminus Zeus.

Origin, tenacity, arc in that order

origin would be my pick tho due to the changeable bolt heads and bolt handles. Not to mention the many shouldered prefits available already. Controlled round feed is a plus too. And there is a Long action Origin out.

Zermatt has some of the best customer service in the business. Can say the same for defiance.

Thank you everyone. I've chosen the Origin due to the changeable bolt heads. Being this is my first build and I won't have the funds for another one for a while, the draw of being able to easily change calibers is my reasoning. Also, everyone has something great to say about their customer service and that's a big factor too.

Origin:
- floating bolt head ...Eliminates misalignment due to trigger pressure. May not mean much among custom actions.
- controlled round feed
- mechanical ejection
- $825
- all carbon steel
- separate lug
-DLC coated.
-Short only.
-Rem style feed lips for AICS or BDL
-20 MOA base.
-1.063" threads (savage type)

Defiance Tenacity
- fixed bolt head .390,.480,.545 choice
- $885-$935
- push feed
- spring ejection
- carbon steel bolt, SS body
-integral lug
-No coating
-Short or long
-DBM or BDL feed lips
-20 MOA base or Talley LW
-1.063" threads (Rem 700 type)

ARC Nucleous
harder to compare...but looks good!
???? They've had the long action out for a while. Also interchangeable bolt face.

A Stiller is no better than a blueprinted factory Rem 700 action...change my mind.

I actually have a blueprinted Rem700 action I would take over any Stiller.
It may be, right up until you try to sell it, unless you find someone who really wants it, the market will tell you otherwise.

A Stiller is no better than a blueprinted factory Rem 700 action...change my mind.

I actually have a blueprinted Rem700 action I would take over any Stiller.

Had a Stiller bind on me. Customer service was non existent. Pretty annoying for a $1000 action. I really like defiance and bighorn or zermatt, whatever the hell they are called now. I just picked up a gunwerks GBR. Haven't shot it yet. It's super nice though. Very smooth.

Had a Stiller bind on me. Customer service was non existent. Pretty annoying for a $1000 action. I really like defiance and bighorn or zermatt, whatever the hell they are called now. I just picked up a gunwerks GBR. Haven't shot it yet. It's super nice though. Very smooth.
My bighorn origin short action binds as bad or worse than any factory action I have. Not a fan at all. Only been around one Stiller, a tac300 that a had built on in 7mag for my brother. That things butter smooth. It does have about 500 rounds through it and a lot of time dry firing and cycling. That could make a difference.

I have owned 2 Stillers in the past in LA and SA both of which fed well when I didn't cycle the bolt fast.

Both bolts were Cerakoted so really no explaination why the feeding was off.

My Kelbly's will feed and cycle no matter how fast I cycle the bolt where wet/dry/dirty.

Call my preference bias but when I take the time off and spend time in the field I want my gear to RUN.

I have owned 2 Stillers in the past in LA and SA both of which fed well when I didn't cycle the bolt fast.

Both bolts were Cerakoted so really no explaination why the feeding was off.

My Kelbly's will feed and cycle no matter how fast I cycle the bolt where wet/dry/dirty.

Call my preference bias but when I take the time off and spend time in the field I want my gear to RUN.

i guess my issue is if you're dropping a grand into just the action it should work. What's the difference between an action that shoots .5 moa or .4 you couldn't tell? But when the thing sticks on you while you're cycling? No thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Whisper is right.

QC should have caught it before it made it out to you.

Not to say there can't be duds BUT the manufacturers that have the best reputation are the ones that handle those duds with utmost professionalism.

That's not to say that Stiller is not a worthy option, you gotta weigh what options you like, what budget you have and if you're in a rush to get it.

Better yet, as your 'smith what actions they recommend or suggest.

They most likely will see an exponential amount of actions for reference.

My brother and I each have Stiller predator actions - no issues with either.

I think the Origin is a great option. I've been checking them out for a new build as well.

Can't go wrong with any of them. I run the origin. If you end up going that route I have two proof prefit barrels in 6.5 creedmoor that I'm selling.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.