New build 300 NMI

Quiet the trophies! I'm doing a NMI build myself right now and actually am ending up a little lighter than yours. My question is do you enjoy shooting that rifle or wish you would've went a little heavier?
Nate

Quiet the trophies! I'm doing a NMI build myself right now and actually am ending up a little lighter than yours. My question is do you enjoy shooting that rifle or wish you would've went a little heavier?
Nate
It's not bad at all to shoot. I like all my hunting rifles to be between 8.5 and 9 lbs. any lighter than that and I feel like they are hard to shoot long range. I have a 7lb .264 WM and it's tough. It just doesn't sit into the bipod or pack heavy enough. I can see my own heart beat in the scope with that rifle. 8.5 to 9 lbs is the sweet spot for me. Not too heavy to carry but still sits heavy enough to be stable.

If you don't mind me asking, what height rings did you go with?
I'm not sure on that. My gunsmith also works for Hawkins part time so he just grabbed what he needed to mount the scope. I'll see him tomorrow so I'll ask

Our builds are very close. My barrel is 24.5" and I have a Borden Bigfoot LW action. Not sure what would make 1-1/2# difference.
I would have liked mine to be sub 10#.
I just looked it up and your action is 9 oz heavier. I don't know what the extra 2.5" of barrel adds. The additional must be in your scope, rings and base.

Rings are ARC rings. I think they were 6oz. Base is probably 4 oz. Scope is the same as yours, NX8 4-32. Stock is EH1, Hawkins bottom metal, trigger tech diamond.
My action is 9 oz lighter with the base included so there's 13 oz right there. The Hawkins ultralight rings are 4 oz so there's 2 more ounces so there's almost 1 pound right there.