New build 280 AI

88acres

If you had the choice of any equipment what stock? What bottom metal? Trigger? And go!

Build is on a blueprinted 700 action and a Proof Research Sendero CF barrel.

I want a manners stock….

Axisworks built .280AI
R700 LA trued
Long Rifles Inc fluted bolt
Alloy bolt shroud
M16 style extractor
TI firing pin w. Wolfe Blitzschnell spring
Carbon fiber knob
PT&G. 250" pinned recoil lug
26" 1:9" Proof Sendero Light
TBAC CB w. TBAC Ultra 9
Manners EH1 w. Pillars and bedded
Rem alloy LA BDL w. Wyatt's extended box
Timney Calvin Elite @ 8oz
Seekins 20MOA alloy Picatinny rail
Seekins alloy 30mm "Medium Low" .87" rings
Tangent Theta TT315M 3-15×50 Gen 2XR

Weighs 9lbs 10oz scoped and suppressed
175 Elite @ 2986fps
20210127_084029.jpg

I love seeing how many 280 AI threads there are on this forum. Mine has become my go to rifle.
If you're going with a manners I would suggest their new lrh stock. I just ordered one for my next build.

I love seeing how many 280 AI threads there are on this forum. Mine has become my go to rifle.
If you're going with a manners I would suggest their new lrh stock. I just ordered one for my next build.
I'm excited about the cartridge… have always been a magnum shooter… but I like what the AI has to offer. I know its gonna shelf my 7mm Rem Mag in a lot of applications and will give me a break from my work horse 300 win mag. Love to reload so looking forward to dialing this one in. I will definitely look at the LRH.

Axisworks built .280AI
R700 LA trued
Long Rifles Inc fluted bolt
Alloy bolt shroud
M16 style extractor
TI firing pin w. Wolfe Blitzschnell spring
Carbon fiber knob
PT&G. 250" pinned recoil lug
26" 1:9" Proof Sendero Light
TBAC CB w. TBAC Ultra 9
Manners EH1 w. Pillars and bedded
Rem alloy LA BDL w. Wyatt's extended box
Timney Calvin Elite @ 8oz
Seekins 20MOA alloy Picatinny rail
Seekins alloy 30mm "Medium Low" .87" rings
Tangent Theta TT315M 3-15×50 Gen 2XR

Weighs 9lbs 10oz scoped and suppressed
175 Elite @ 2986fps
View attachment 304756
Sweet rig! I want a TBAC Ultra 9 went with a Silencer Co 36M as the TBAC was back order for ever!!! LOL! Plus I can use it with my 338 Lapua, 300 win mag and 300 PRC…

Yes, I have it in a 700, a model 7 and both new APR builds, after feeling one along side a Timney, there was no comparison for me. Even the Primary felt better, but I had the special installed in the 700, 7 and the APR 7mm-08, the Diamond in the next APR build.

I'm excited about the cartridge… have always been a magnum shooter… but I like what the AI has to offer. I know its gonna shelf my 7mm Rem Mag in a lot of applications and will give me a break from my work horse 300 win mag. Love to reload so looking forward to dialing this one in. I will definitely look at the LRH.
It has shelved my magnums as well. If you decide you want a Trigger tech trigger PM me and I will help you out get one at a deal.