• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED New Broughton 300 RUM 1:8 twist Barrel For Sale

sambo3006

I've decided to go with a different caliber. I bought this barrel from a person with reputable feedback so I don't have any reason to doubt him. He sold it to me as a new Broughton 26" 1 in 8" twist barrel threaded for a Remington 700 or like threaded action and chambered for 300 Ultramag. It is crowned, fluted and the muzzle is threaded 3/4"x24 tpi for a muzzle brake. It is a straight taper to 1" at the back of the muzzle brake threads. It is not stamped with caliber but a 300 Ultramag round fits perfectly. He said the work was done by Great Southern Gunworks which is Extreme Rifles Home Page. I spoke with the gunsmith and emailed him pictures and he said it did indeed look like he did the work. It is set up for a 0.250" recoil lug which comes with the barrel. I've tried to verify the rifling twist but I can't get the rod to spin consistently. I used new patches so as not to contaminate the barrel.
I'm asking $375 shipped and insured. If it turns out not to be as stated, I would take it back and split the shipping. Sorry for the lengthy post but I want to represent it correctly.
broughtonbarrel-1.jpg

breech end with some packing grease on it
300RUMbarrel-breech.jpg

crown
300RUMbarrel-crown.jpg

lug
broughtonlug.jpg

Last edited: