new boot question- something for warm weather but super dusty conditions

rockwind

deserty portion of the SW portion of Merica
usually use my kenetrek's,, but feet kinda sweat in those,,, a lot. i tried some lighter weight boots with the mesh instead of leather,,,and the dust just went right thru the mesh,,,freaking mess inside. it sucks hiking with dirt all over your socks and feet.

which leaves goretex style mesh,, anyway,,, maybe i am being too picky

I think you just answered your question and that is to have some type of breathable lining such as Goretex. I am also looking for a dry warmer weather boot and just ordered the Crispi Colorado.

like you, my uninsulated Kenetrek boots are very warm even when it is in the upper 20s to me. Good luck!

I am in southern California with dusty and warm conditions and lean towards the Goretex. I use the Crispi Crossover Pro Light GTX and have been pretty happy with them in a variety of temperatures. I too opted to go with my more meshy Adidas on one little scout/hunt to see if they were viable for really hot conditions. Ended up getting stabbed in the foot with a yucca, and learned why hiking and hunting boots are different. I do like the Crispis for hot weather, and they still breathe enough for my feet, especially compared to Danner's "Danner Dry" and other competitors on the market. I hear good things about the Colorados mentioned above as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.