new boot question- something for warm weather but super dusty conditions

rockwind

usually use my kenetrek's,, but feet kinda sweat in those,,, a lot. i tried some lighter weight boots with the mesh instead of leather,,,and the dust just went right thru the mesh,,,freaking mess inside. it sucks hiking with dirt all over your socks and feet.

which leaves goretex style mesh,, anyway,,, maybe i am being too picky

Rick Richard

I think you just answered your question and that is to have some type of breathable lining such as Goretex. I am also looking for a dry warmer weather boot and just ordered the Crispi Colorado.

like you, my uninsulated Kenetrek boots are very warm even when it is in the upper 20s to me. Good luck!

brcfo_outdoors

I am in southern California with dusty and warm conditions and lean towards the Goretex. I use the Crispi Crossover Pro Light GTX and have been pretty happy with them in a variety of temperatures. I too opted to go with my more meshy Adidas on one little scout/hunt to see if they were viable for really hot conditions. Ended up getting stabbed in the foot with a yucca, and learned why hiking and hunting boots are different. I do like the Crispis for hot weather, and they still breathe enough for my feet, especially compared to Danner's "Danner Dry" and other competitors on the market. I hear good things about the Colorados mentioned above as well.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce