New bino's

I also think it is important to try to put some hours behind the glass to give your eyes a workout with them. I do love the ergonomics of my vortex and they work for me great how I use them but I doubt they are in the same class as swaro's.

Looking to get a new set of bino's. I currently have Nikon Monarch 10x42. About 7/8 years old.
I am wanting to get a new set of bino's. I have been looking at 10x42 vortex. Either the Razor HD's or the UHD.
I am looking this direction because I can get a deal. Is there something better for a similar price point I should be looking at.
Most of my hunting is done here in Michigan for whitetail. I have however started going west for elk, mule deer and bear. I plan on making this a yearly adventure.

Edit to add want to stay under $1500. I have access to some discounts through work.

Thanks

Where in Mich are you at? I live just west of Detroit and would be happy to let you look through my 8x42 SLCs any time.

I personally think you'd have a hard time going really wrong in Michigan with anything, be it Meostars, Vortex, Maven, etc. I'd stick to 8x here. Out west might be a different kettle of fish.

PM me? We can talk options and prices.

I have a couple pairs of swarovski's and I feel they are the best optics available. I also have some 12x50 vortex razors that are nice for the cost. If most of your hunting is done in Michigan at shorter ranges I would buy the vortex. I personally don't see a big difference till you stretch out the distances and spend hours at a time looking through them. Best of luck.

I have the Razor HD 12x50s. I love them for here out west. I hold them plenty steady and they really shine off a tripod or trekking pole. No complaints.

I use Zeiss binos and scopes.
My eyes like them better than Swarovski or Leica.
You have to trie them yourself to find out what is best for you.

Looking to get a new set of bino's. I currently have Nikon Monarch 10x42. About 7/8 years old.
I am wanting to get a new set of bino's. I have been looking at 10x42 vortex. Either the Razor HD's or the UHD.
I am looking this direction because I can get a deal. Is there something better for a similar price point I should be looking at.
Most of my hunting is done here in Michigan for whitetail. I have however started going west for elk, mule deer and bear. I plan on making this a yearly adventure.

Edit to add want to stay under $1500. I have access to some discounts through work.

Thanks
I purchased a set of 8 power zeiss conquest at a really good price and they are very clear and worth the money !

I am certain that everybody's eyes are different. Some will swear that Swaro is hands down better than my Razors. I own both. When I put on a pair of amber colored sunglasses, I can see great and with grey lenses not so much. It's because I have poor night vision.

Im sure you will be upgrading from any Bino you have listed vs your older Nikons. I'd buy Vortex, but thats my eyes.

PB

I've owned them all, and the only pairs I use are Swarovskis. For what you want to spend I'd recommend Swarovski SLCs or the GPOs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.