New Binos Recommendations?

GPR23

Looking to spend about $1000 or less on a set of binos in the standard 10x42 range. I hunt out west exclusively for deer, antelope, and elk.

What are some good recommendations?

I was set on getting the Meopta Meostar 10x42 B1.1's but looks like those are now discontinued for the new "pro" model, but those are $1400 and out of my price range.

Was thinking maybe looking at the Mavens but don't know much about them. the 11x45's peek my interest but they don't seem like a very big company and was worried about the warranty down the road.

I have the Meopta Meopro 8x56 binos and love them so I would say you are on track with the Meoptas, perhaps check out a larger objective lens or lower magnification?

As much as it pains me to say it Steiner is well known for their binoculars and may be worth checking out.

Tract also offers binoculars, which seem to be a good value for the money. I have no experience with the Mavens but I would imagine they good to go based on what I have seen on this forum.

Have you looked at Camera Land NY? They still list the Meopta Meostar 10x42 B1.1? Doug is a member here and a great guy to deal with.

I have a pair of Steiner HX 10x42 and absolutely love them. Steiner customer service/warranty is top notch. I had a focus problem with a 15 year old pair of Predator G7s and received the higher priced HX in return.

I know you don't want to spend over a grand, but I would save a few bucks more and get premium glass. You will save in the long run. I have a pair of Meostars I have been using for the past few in 10X42 HD and they are exceptional. Just my opinion. Good luck.

There's many great options in your price range. I am back in the store Tuesday if you can wait till then please give a call and we can discuss which would be best for you.
Thanks
Doug
516-217-1000

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.