new big case manufacture

DANTEC

for information get at the Shot Show

Jamisson International
phone 605/347/5090
fax 605/347/4707
produce case in 408 Cheyenne , 416 Rigby , 338 Lapua mag , 30.378 and some other

my question is : does some shooters on this forum have try the 416 Rigby case from Jamisson on wilcat base 416 ? and how is the quality ?

good shooting

DAN TEC

Dantec,

I have a 416 Based 30Cal Wildcat which I've shot Norma brass in. I have purchased 3 lots. The First lot was used for 1400 rounds and some of the cases were used 45+ firings. Those cases are still OK to refire and may get the necks cut off and reshortened into a 6.5mm/416. Primer pockets are fine. Fired 210gr Bergers at 2750-2900fps from a 27" barrel with them. All are still fine.

Lot # 2 was fired no more than 5-6 times before having about a 50% failure rate. Heads seperating... They're pretty much junk now. There may have been a recall on them because the WSM brass has the same problem and they were recalled.

Lot # 3 is looking real nice again. I've only got a few fireings on them though so I can't say about the quality yet. They LOOK ok so far.

As for the brand you speak of, I can't say but I'd look for Norma brass in the 416.

thanks for the information , following a call to Jamisson they said that their 416 Rigby is draw with a hight pressure design that perhaps an intresting solution to built wilcat base on 416 with strong caseI try to get some to make a case cut and check web thicknessas well the wenb cocentric .

good shooting

DAN TEC

Dantec,

I have measured a couple pieces of Norma 416 rigby brass, the web was .200" thick if that helps. The 300 Ultra Remington brass was .210", the 338 Lapua brass was .250" thick and the 408 CheyTac was .240" thick. The CheyTac as a comparison, measured almost exactly the same as the Norma 416 Rigby brass, didn't seem an improvement over the Norma stuff at all, except the web was .040" thicker. The 338 Lapua brass beat all of them at every measurement, and was easy to see they strengthened the whole case design across the board. Best case I've seen yet!
wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.