New Berger VLD's

goodgrouper

I have now purchased 4 different lots of bullets in two weights from Berger and I'm happy to report that the new dies and/or procedures for bullet making have made all the difference in the world. These new bullets vary less than .002" in bearing surface and two of the lots I bought vary zero! Not one bullet in a box of 100 had any variation at all! Gone are the days of having to buy 500 Bergers and spending a day sorting them all into length batches. Now you can buy them and load them it seems.

I have several smaller calibers on order and I will see if they are improved as well and report back.

Thanks for the info.
I've been shooting the Bergers out of my 220 swift and am quit pleased with the accuracy.
I believe they are coming out with some 338 VLD offerings this summer?

Similar results

Within the last month I purchased and measured the bearing surface on 100 - 7mm 168 gr VLDs and 100 - 308 210 gr VLDs and had less than 0.002" difference on all 100 bullets in each box of bullets. I was dumbfounded.

I was so impressed that I ordered 2 more boxes of the 308 210s and I am hoping they will be the same. Sounds like they will be, even if they're from a different lot. Neat! Thanks for posting your findings.

Within the last month I purchased and measured the bearing surface on 100 - 7mm 168 gr VLDs and 100 - 308 210 gr VLDs and had less than 0.002" difference on all 100 bullets in each box of bullets. I was dumbfounded.

Neat! Thanks for posting your findings.

No, thank you! I have been wondering if the 7mm's are turning out good too. Sounds like they are!

Is there any marking or part numbers that set these bullets apart, or are all of Bergers bullets now good to go. I just drove over to their shop about 3 weeks ago and picked up 4 boxes of 210 VLD's

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.