New Bear Bait hauling Rig

Tikkamike

After several years hauling bait on the 4 wheelers and my bait set getting increasingly busier by the year the 4wheeler just didnt have the hauling capability I needed. The little Honda Rancher is a beast of a machine it has plenty of power for what I do and it hauled my 300 lb keister, 200 lbs of feed, a beaver, my pack, cameras, chains and barrel all in one trip up the mountain... not a lot of wiggle room but it did it well.

Problem is my youngens are getting big enough they want to be out and about and are ready to start learning about the outdoors so I wanted to include them in this. I decided on a Can-am Commander not the 4 seater though because those are a little long for what I wanted to do. I found a company that has an extended roll cage and seat with 4 point harnesses that I purchased to transform the 2 seater into a family rig for the off season. I am still trying to out fit it to carry some gear and guns and havent found what I am looking for just yet. The roof is on order but this is how it sits so far. I have to say it has been a lot of fun. a week and a half in and it has over 175 miles on it already. During hunting season the extended cage and seat come out (or just the seat) and I am ready to haul bait and dead critters.

Are you pulling 2 trailers, or leaving your camp trailer set up?

I have been taking the camper up and leaving it.. if its a weekend outing we take 2 vehicles if I dont have time to take it up before hand.. the potential for disaster pulling to trailers out weighs the expense of taking a second vehicle. I am lucky to live where I do because I am within an hour oh a half dozen different mountains and an hours and a half from Yellowstone. And the bear set is less than an hour from here.

Never been the best driver in our group, most of them drive for a living and go backwards better than I do forward.

I'm looking for a toy hauler big enough for 2 machines, and small enough for my skill set.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.