New barrel

I am looking for a new barrel replace a chrome moly one that I have on my Mauser 98 Parker & Hale, I have shot it out, I need a short chambered 24-26 inch 1-10 stainless. Any Ideas on who is going to be my best bet, so Far I am looking at Pac-nor??

Broughton barrels is another great barrel. Go to BR central and check on advertisers under barrels.

Tim North just bought the company is turning out a 5C rifling that is like the Obermyer and Rock 5R.

His barrels are winning everything right now and breaking records.

Just ordered two myself.

BH

Any manufacturer listed on the BRcentral site will make an excellent barrel. Of course, there are differing opinions on who is the "best" but that is a chevy ford debate.

These barrel makes should have no problem making what you want.

Another type to consider are the Adams&Benett and ER Shaw barrels. These are not lapped but usually shot very well. A bit of time hand lapping and you will have very serviceable performance. Best part is they are usually 1/2 the price of the match barrels.

My A&B barrels have all shot sub MOA...

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.