New barrel velocity decreasing

Ok. I may do that.. So far i have 500 147s but the 143 have worked good on quite a few elk so they are on the table as well.
The ELDM 147gr shot really great for me in initial tests. I dropped away from the ELDM 147gr once the 156gr EOL came out and it shot lights out for me. How long is your magazine?

Hi. I shoot slow. So barrels not heated. Its also a heavy barrel.

Cleaned before shooting. After 5 Then sweets 7.62 thorough at 12 rounds. Ill clean it again i guess and give it another go.

Thanks
Keep cleaning till you cant see any more orange streaks in the muzzle area and patches come out clean. Then run the barrel in with the traditional method. A lot of time first up but then it will be much better in the long run.
I don't have the answers for you, but I can attest to Savage roughness. Now mind you...I bought my first savage rifle few months back. High Country 110 model 300WM. That thing came from the factory dirty as all get out. On top of that the patches came out dripping blue. Makes me wonder just how many rounds they test fire! Anyway, since the gun has been in my possession, with 175 or so rounds through it, it doesn't bleed blue anymore.

The chamber, oh boy. Concentric rings throughout and gives my brass rings too. Had to dremel a couple cases to confirm the lower case head rings weren't case head separation. If the **** thing wasn't so cool looking and shooting so good I'd sell it off. Probably won't be buying another Savage. Had magazine problems on top. Remedied by spreading the magazine feed lips out with a pair of needle nose...
Just get the chamber recut and head spaced dead simple to do on a savage barrel set up

Last edited:
Keep cleaning till you cant see any more orange streaks in the muzzle are and patches come out clean
Thats why i like the 7.62. It cleans deep. Then i run gun scrubber to get it all out. Ive been using a few times a year for years. So far ive had no trouble with any of my rifles not shooting. Im sure this one will be fine (its already sub moa) just never seen one start slowing down. All the others have sped up.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.