New barrel time ?

I've got a 300 rum a 375 rum and a 375 Ruger .I can't see the need of a 338 and really do believe they're overrated, just my opinion. Sorry fellas. I know the new kid just kicked the Hornet's Nest
I'd say the 375 could definitely take on anything anywhere.

I've got a 300 rum a 375 rum and a 375 Ruger .I can't see the need of a 338 and really do believe they're overrated, just my opinion. Sorry fellas. I know the new kid just kicked the Hornet's Nest
I've never had the need for anything bigger than 30 cal. I've never hunted put of U.S.. I think a 300 RUM with a good heavy bullet is good enough for moose and griz.. all those 338 and 375's sound punishing ... lol

I've never had the need for anything bigger than 30 cal. I've never hunted put of U.S.. I think a 300 RUM with a good heavy bullet is good enough for moose and griz.. all those 338 and 375's sound punishing ... lol
My 375 rum sent me to the chiropractor the first two times I reloaded for it. A Vais muzzle brake changed that rifle!!!!!!

My 375 rum sent me to the chiropractor the first two times I reloaded for it. A Vais muzzle brake changed that rifle!!!!!!
I bet !!! Probably me too ! I remember when I got my 300 rum many years ago. Shot it 5 times. Said ok. Muzzle break time... :)

I bet !!! Probably me too ! I remember when I got my 300 rum many years ago. Shot it 5 times. Said ok. Muzzle break time... :)
Joe, do you think a new Lil Beast m/b I had made for my existing barrel which the threaded end of barrel is .750 can be drilled out and threaded to the size of a Sendero contour barrel is (bigger) with out compromising it ? I don't know the size of Sendero barrel or would it be better to have the Sendero barrel Taken down to the .750 size that the brake already is ? I could call Nathan I suppose but thought I'd ask. Anybody else feel free to chime in. Thanks.

Joe, do you think a new Lil Beast m/b I had made for my existing barrel which the threaded end of barrel is .750 can be drilled out and threaded to the size of a Sendero contour barrel is (bigger) with out compromising it ? I don't know the size of Sendero barrel or would it be better to have the Sendero barrel Taken down to the .750 size that the brake already is ? I could call Nathan I suppose but thought I'd ask. Anybody else feel free to chime in. Thanks.
I've had three muzzle brakes installed, to Vais and one by pacnor. The one by pacnor is on my 300 rum it's assisted by a H&S precision stock with the recoil spring resistor in the stock. The other two are on my 375s made by Vais. Actually made by a gentleman named Ron Bartlett out of Texas. Personally I'd send it to Texas. point of impact and accuracy never suffered. That rifle was a beast to shoot Remington 700 CDL 26 inch barrel real light, real Bruiser. Now you can hand it to your wife's little cousin and he can handle it.

I've had three muzzle brakes installed, to Vais and one by pacnor. The one by pacnor is on my 300 rum it's assisted by a H&S precision stock with the recoil spring resistor in the stock. The other two are on my 375s made by Vais. Actually made by a gentleman named Ron Bartlett out of Texas. Personally I'd send it to Texas. point of impact and accuracy never suffered. That rifle was a beast to shoot Remington 700 CDL 26 inch barrel real light, real Bruiser. Now you can hand it to your wife's little cousin and he can handle it.
Ron Bartlett 1 830 741 7167

That's awesome. The magnabrake made my 300 rum shoot like a 308 with a 150 gr. Bullet at most. Maybe less. I'm going to shoot it tomorrow with the Lil Beast. Should recoil even less. The only other breaks I have on rifles are integral. An Encore 6.5 PRC 27 in. 1 in. Full bull. It's heavy... it kicks less than a 243 for sure. I have a 21 in. 25 Bullberry contender barrel (30-30 necked to 25 cal.) With integral break that recoils like a 22 hornet lol. Thank you for the info Joe !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.