New barrel time ?

Pac-Nor will cut the threads undersized. I know from experience.
I sent a stainless 700 action to pack Noir had a 31 and 5/8 inch barrel including break in 300 rum installed. It'll push 212 ELD x s at 3275 using 94 grains of retumbo. At 300 yards first two bullets touch. The barrel installation, muzzle brake, and fluted Bolt cost 995. Best $1,000 I ever spent. Sorry no pics of groups.

I sent a stainless 700 action to pack Noir had a 31 and 5/8 inch barrel including break in 300 rum installed. It'll push 212 ELD x s at 3275 using 94 grains of retumbo. At 300 yards first two bullets touch. The barrel installation, muzzle brake, and fluted Bolt cost 995. Best $1,000 I ever spent. Sorry no pics of groups.
20190514_174041.jpg 300 rum sitting next to 224 Clark

That's awesome. $ well spent for sure.

I misspoke when I popped off ,I was driving, it's 96 grains a little hot I backed down to 94 at 3207. And thank you I kind of like them too
I just loaded some 212 ELDX with Retumbo. Did 91.0 thru 93.0 grains . Half grain increments. Try Friday .

Chuck Moline at https://hey-vintage.com/020589477/Warpath_Vintage is an excellent gunsmith in a one horse shop in Denver. His specialty is making sniper replica Springfield 1903's and they shoot excellent. I'm sure he can consult with you for your needs, heck he is in elk country, and he won't charge an arm and a leg.
I have a 1903 Springfield I got from my grandpa. The rifling in it is toast. Action good. I shot it a little when young. Sits in safe now.

I have a 1903 Springfield I got from my grandpa. The rifling in it is toast. Action good. I shot it a little when young. Sits in safe now.
Shoot cast bullets in at Old Feller. He'd like it if you took him out once in awhile. The right bullet mold, ten to 12 grains of unique ,you'd be surprised.

Shoot cast bullets in at Old Feller. He'd like it if you took him out once in awhile. The right bullet mold, ten to 12 grains of unique ,you'd be surprised.
That's an idea ! I cast for a lot of calibers but not 30. May get s mold. What weight ?

That's an idea ! I cast for a lot of calibers but not 30. May get s mold. What weight ?
For plinking and Target practicing I like the Lee molds, tumble lubes and ALux. It needs to have a gas check if you're going to push it fast. I shoot cast bullets in all my old Mausers. Happy casting

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.