New Ballistics Program From Berger Bullets

It's a cute little calculator but has no value to me without MOA correction values.

It can output MOA:
MOA.jpg

-Bryan

The effects of altitude are captured in the Air Pressure input. If you hold the mouse pointer over the word 'Pressure' on the program, a table will pop-up that tabulates the air pressure at altitude. You can pick the pressure that corresponds with your altitude. This was done intentionally because altitude and pressure effects are commonly misunderstood and miss-applied in ballistics programs. This is the best way I could think of to handle it.

-Bryan

That is a great idea Bryan. A few years ago I was looking for a way to make that very thing 'idiot proof'. What I did was have a check box with two options. Altitude or station pressure. If Station pressure was checked, there was no altitude field. If altitude was checked it offered you another check box for if the user knew the corrected for sea level pressure or not. If the user checked no then no pressure box appeared and the code defaulted to 29.92" Hg. If yes was checked, then a field appreared for the sea level pressure. Example below:

Choice #1:

Pressure.jpg

Choice #2:

pressure2.jpg

Choice #3:

pressure3.jpg

I thought that was a pretty slick idea. I do however, like yours a bit better.
Good job and thanks again.

M

Eric- Any chance of getting a program like this for the Droid Phones? Motorola android phones by Verizon or others? I see there are Iphone apps out there, but I am a verizon guy and need a droid phone. Let me know. Thanks.

Can we see metric units for pressure (mb)and temperature (Deg. C) as an option? A lot of people use feet and inches for distance but still need metric for temp and pressure. At the moment you pick either metric or imperial. I would like to see the option for a mix of each as desired by the user.

Also a memory function in the program so that when you open it each time it retains the last input data rather than pulling everything in each time from scratch.

Last edited:
Eric- Any chance of getting a program like this for the Droid Phones? Motorola android phones by Verizon or others? I see there are Iphone apps out there, but I am a verizon guy and need a droid phone. Let me know. Thanks.

Its called shooter.The are making a advanced version of the program as well. The free one is a great program the way it is.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.