• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

NEW APS Kenzie Rifle for sale (26 Nosler)

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Not sure I have explained these rifles here in LRH.com so please let me fill you in on what these rifles are and how they came to be. A couple years back, my daughter was getting old enough to need a bit more serious rifle then her 22-250 Rem which was in a compact Ruger American bolt action rifle. She was 10 years old so I decided to get her another Ruger American but this time in the compact 243 Win model as her compact 22-250 was a very good shooting little rifle. This would be her first big game rifle.

Got the 243 and it was not nearly the shooter that the 22-250 was. Was not very happy and she was less then impressed so when we were out shooting one day, She said, "Daddy, can you rebuild this rifle for me to make it shoot good???"

Well, when your best little hunting buddy asks you to work some magic on her rifle you do what you got to do. So, pulled the little Ruger apart, fully blueprinted the receiver and bolt, installed a light contour Bartlein stainless barrel and got in one of the Boyds laminated Classic Sporter stocks for the Ruger American rifle with a custom LOP to fit her, which at that time was about the only option out there for stocks. Turned out to be a pretty good one as well.

IMG_0330.JPG

This was her first outing testing her new KENZIE rifle and with the 105 gr Berger we took the little rifle out to 500 yards and she was breaking 1/3 moa sized targets regularly. I was honestly amazed how well the little rifle shot. and how well the Ruger American responded to a bit of precision machine work.

So just to see what it would do, we set up a paper target at 100 yards and I shot a three shot group. Cut a ragged hole!!! She told me she could do just as good being a bit cocky so I let her give it a try and she dang near beat the old man in group size!!! Two three shot groups fired back to back that went under 0.2" ctc and one shot by a 10 year old!!!

IMG_0333.JPG

On the way home from the range that day, Kenzie looks over at me and says, "Dad, I bet people would buy these rifles, you know, those people that don't want to buy one of your expensive rifles."

Well that got me thinking. I looked into what I had into this rifle I put together for her and figured that the base rifle price would be around $1800 for a rifle just like hers in standard calibers and a magnum version based on the Ruger American would have a base price in the $2000 range with fluted barrels and muzzle brakes as add on options as well.

So I figured this would be a good opportunity to get her some experience in investing and made her an offer. I told her that if she wanted to invest in these rifles and put up some of the overhead cost for the parts; receiver, barrel and stock, I would build the rifles and sell them as APS KENZIE rifles and then when they sold I give her back her overhead cost investment for parts she covered and then split the profits with her that she could put towards her college fund.

Since then, we have put together three different rifles and all have been sold before I even got them finished so never even posted them online for sale. However, this rifle that we are putting up for sale is one that I wanted to hold onto and put up for sale on the web. Here are some pics:
DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

Here are the specs on the rifle:
26 Nosler
Stainless Steel Ruger American Magnum receiver, fully blueprinted receiver and bolt
Benchmark 28" Stainless steel, fluted #3 contour barrel, 8 twist 3 groove
Small Painkiller muzzle brake
Bead Blast matte finish on barreled receiver
Boyds Grey/Black laminated featherweight thumbhole sporter stock
steel bedding V blocks and pillar bedded
Trigger tuned to very clean 2 lb pull weight
Load development done, load data offered at no charge.
Economy hard case
shipping and insurance cost to your FFL

Total: $2400 rifle price

Total with (New) Burris 5-25x 50mm Veracity FFP MOA-SCR retice & Vortex 30mm rings: $3400

Just took rifle out today and did load development with the 130 gr Accubond. Using the new Ramshot LRT powder, this little monster is ripping the 130 gr Accubond out at 3475 fps with comfy pressures. Recoil is absolutely nothing with the PK brake. Tested the rifle at 700 yards and shot extremely well, easily meeting my 1/2 moa accuracy standards.

So, anyone looking for a very portable, full size big game rifle that would work great for anyone, young shooter, female shooter or even experienced shooter. This is a great little rifle ready to ship out to someone wanting a heck of a high performance rifle at a moderate price tag.

If interested, please shoot me a PM or send me an email at [email protected]

Will even take 50-50 payment plans on these rifles. Generally ask for 50% down and the balance due within 60 days from first deposit date.

As always first come first serve. There will be more of these coming very soon. Build them when I have time in the evenings or weekends so they do not take away from standing orders in the shop for my Raptor and Stalker full custom rifles and will put them up for sale and ready to ship when they are ready. No waiting is the goal, pay and play!!!

Thanks for your time, sorry for the long post but wanted to explain the reasoning for these rifles and the process that came up with the idea..

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 60
Alright guys, need to get this rifle moved.

Dropping price down to $2200 for rifle shipped. $3200 shipped if you want optical package included.

Surprised on this one but dropping price again.

$2000 for rifle

$3000 including optics

Again, this is for a full function tested, load development done with 130 gr. Accubond, tested at 700 yards to prove accuracy potential, economy shipping hard case and all shipping/insurance cost to your ffl holder.

Rifle Sold.

Thanks guys for looking at and considering this rifle. There will be more APS Kenzie rifles coming soon tested and ready to ship!!

Thanks as always.