New And Improved G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

You will not be disappointed! I have a Nightforce NXS 5.5 X 22 in MRAD and the two go together like clockwork. Shoot the target with the rangefinder and it tells me how much dope to put on the scope and it's been pretty much dead on every time. I just have to work on my windage a little bit. The G7-BR2 figures windage in 5mph/kmh increments at full value so if you have a 7mph wind at half value you need to do a little guesstimating. It's still worth it!!
When you order make sure you specify you want the 2015 model otherwise you will get the old/original one.

Good shooting

I just upgraded from a Lieca 1600 to a Vectronics PLRF15. Yes I had to cry once but it was well worth it. The Lieca had trouble after 400-500yds, especially in low light, giving dependable repeatable readings on deer size game. The PLRF15 can do it at 1500yds+!

UPDATE:

Just returned from a Wyoming antelope hunt and had the opportunity to give the improved G7 an intense workout on a wide variety of ranging scenarios. Ended up taking two bucks and two does at ranges of 656,658, 788, and 1181 yards(my furthest big game kill to date).

Overall, the new G7 in an actual hunting environment did indicate improved ranging with accurate ballistic drop data beyond 1000 yards. My furthest goat at 1181, in heavy sage, and given a steady hold I found it quite easy to get multiple readings of identical range giving me the confidence to make a successful shot. The "Trutargeting" capability came into it's own under these difficult ranging conditions and after my first day of hunting, decided that I no longer needed my Terrapin/Kestra/Shooter combo as back up for shots over 1000 yards. There are a couple of additional benefits of the improved G7. One seems to be battery life. I'm still on the same battery the unit came with. In prior years my older unit would have definitely required at least one battery change. Another is the easier ability to change the light intensity of the ranging reticle by simply hitting the down button. Finally the new case is very convenient and the retractable teather seems to aid steadiness for off hand ranging.
The new G7 is a keeper!!! Can't wait to get on those big Alberta whitetails and mule deer in a few weeks.

Congratulations on your successful hunt. I haven't shot past 996 yards using my new G7 BR2 yet. I am glad to hear that you are confident with the ranging and ballistics past 1000yds. I am more likely to take that long shot now without having proofing on a range. So far the BR2 has been spot on at various ranges for me out to 996 yards. It sure is nice not having to carry all that extra gear.
Happy hunting

I keep reading about how the customer service is Great. How so? What are the reasons for needing customer service? I really want one of these. But a lot of cash for something with a short warranty . what happens when it fails to work? thanks guys

I keep reading about how the customer service is Great. How so? What are the reasons for needing customer service? I really want one of these. But a lot of cash for something with a short warranty . what happens when it fails to work? thanks guys

I'm not to sure where you are getting this from. Including myself, I know several owners, non of which have had any problems with either the original or the new unit. Never heard of any problems on this or any other shooting sites that I frequent either. My understanding and personal experience is that the G7 is very reliable. Gunwerks sells custom rifles and various other products in addition to the G7 Rangefinder.. Perhaps the "great service" comments are more general and referring to other aspects of dealing with them.

I've used mine for one season now about 30 days of use and I'am not real easy on my gear. I know that's not a lot of use yet but zero problems.

I have the first gen as well. Almost two years now. Used in all kinds of conditions. Not a single issue with functionality. My only complaint is not being able to get a reading off of an animal past 1000 yards. Larger highly reflective targets yes, but not off of small targets. I think I could mitigate this by using a nice tripod with the G7, but I haven't made that purchase yet.

I just ordered one of these from Gunwerks today! Can't wait!

Other than size comments I've yet to read anything overtly negative about it and look forward to getting to know and use it before I take the four days of courses at Gunwerks in August!

~Robert

I just ordered one of these from Gunwerks today! Can't wait!

Other than size comments I've yet to read anything overtly negative about it and look forward to getting to know and use it before I take the four days of courses at Gunwerks in August!

~Robert

Awesome, keep us posted on your new experiences with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.