New Alpha Munitions OCD 22 Creedmoor is bonkers

Coldfinger

LRH Team Member
Were you using the COW method and used to much pistol powder? When I complete our 338LMAI build will most likely fire form some 338LM cases using COW.
Yes I was, also new to fire forming and really had no clue what I was doing. I some how probably double charged a 280 Rem case but not sure to be exact. All I know was I really messed something up. Local GS had a replacement bolt and had to set the barrel back but got my first elk that year! I did just fireform using standard 280 loads!!

Coldfinger

LRH Team Member
Yes I was, also new to fire forming and really had no clue what I was doing. I some how probably double charged a 280 Rem case but not sure to be exact. All I know was I really messed something up. Local GS had a replacement bolt and had to set the barrel back but got my first elk that year! I did just fireform using standard 280 loads!!
treads like this should be removed immediately from this site. this is the most irresponsible type of reloading practices i have ever seen on here. you might not care about your health but someone new or with limited experience might think this is ok and then suffer an extreme gun failure.

the members participating in this tread should be embarrased of your selves
Based on estimates... 130k-150k. The nature of that heavily of a compressed charge and that heavy of a jammed bullet... it's hard to run proper calculations.
Any idea on barrel life??

orkan

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor

45 boxes of Alpha Munitions 22 Creedmoor OCD brass in stock!

giphy.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Kimber7man

LRH Team Member