New Alamo Rifle

KyCarl

I just got the tracking number on this new rifle. They were GREAT to work with!
Here's a rundown. 6.5 X 284 Norma.Bartelin Sendero 28" with 1-8 twist Area 419 Hellfire brake.
Lone Peak Fuzion LA with 20MOA rail ..Bix n Andy Marksman trigger On a Masterpiece Arms Chassis
Seekins rings with Vortex scope.And a really cool dip!
I'm excited as all get out! Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    374.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 172
Nice stick!

They built a 7RM for my brother last summer. That thing really shoots well - with factory 168 ABLR. My first time shooting it, I smoked a skunk at 425. My brother then took a nice buck at 375 and two cow elk a few days later.

I'm probably going to have them build me a 338 RUM. You'll be pleased with how it performs!

I also just took delivery on a build from them and I am not as enthused as you are. Maybe it's because it took almost 16 months to get something that wasn't exactly what I wanted (they couldn't find anyone competent to dip the stock). The paint job I eventually got looks "dirty"

I do agree they are very easy to work with and someone answers the phone every time you call, I just wish mine would have turned out they way I had wanted, especially when they were 5-6 months late on their promise date .

Once they send me the rail and rings they failed/forgot to install it will be off to the range to see how it shoots

Very nice looking rig. They're doing a 6.5x284 for me right now.

I've had 3 previous built that all shoot .5moa or a tad better to 600 yards. They've never failed to impress and customer service has always been above and beyond

Scottyboy.. My build sheet is dated 4-12-2017 and they just now shipped.
So that's about a year? I was getting antsy myself! But it seems to have worked itself
out? They told me 4 months and ran about 7 over that. I was worried about the $3,000.00 deposit I sent? But now if it shoots as good as it looks I'm a happy camper!

Last edited:
Scottyboy.. My build sheet is dated 4-12-2017 and they just now shipped.
So that's about a year? I was getting antsy myself! But it seems to have worked itself
out? They told me 4 months and ran about 7 over that. I was worried about the $3,000.00 deposit I sent? But now if it shoots as good as it looks I'm a happy camper!

My build sheet is December 2016, took delivery 2 days ago. Again, if they would have told me it was going to be this long, fine. But after the first missed promise date, they promised it would be done for my bear hunt, missed. They then said for sure by elk season. Missed as well. I'm not trying to poke at Alamo as jimmy, Jason, Mitch and everyone else there does a **** fine job...I'm just a bit upset that sooo much **** time was wasted trying to find someone locally to dip my stock when they could have sent it out of state and had it back in perfect shape in a few weeks...

I learned my lessons on this one, basically don't give them 95% of the build cost before it's done...I get they gamble on me paying when it's done, but I'm gambling the same amount of money that it will be done, when they tell me it will be done. (And in my case they didn't even get the rail and rings that I paid for)

Once I send my stock to Utah hydrographics and get my dip that I wanted a year ago...I'll quit complaining ;-)

Ohhh and yes, yours does look like a shooter. I hate to say it, but it almost seems like they rushed to get mine done...the paint job is meh, the cerakote is decent but doesn't match anywhere near like we discussed. I'm sure they are good shooters and that's what matters! (Will be interesting to see if it can outshoot the rifles I bought since ordering this so I could do my hunts last year)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.