New Adventures. Your suggestions?

backyardsniper

It's about time for the vacation calendar to come out at work and things are crazy this year and I have no idea what time of year I'm gonna be able.to.get my vacation. That being said it is also time to plan a new hunting trip. I have done several fun hunts but I'm kind of interested in trying something new or different. I have hunted bears and elk and whitetail although not opposed to doing one of those again I'm interested in new ideas. Let's set some parameters first. I need to be able to pull it off in about 2 weeks. I have points for elk and mule deer in Wyoming but that's it, so anywhere else needs to be over the counter or super easy to draw. I'm game for guided or unguided, big game or wingshooting firearms or archery. Open to pretty much any ideas. Need to keep the cost reasonable, I would dig pretty deep for something like a moose or caribou, but let's cap it at $15,000 to make it interesting. Give me some ideas, stuff local to where you live, things that are often overlooked. I would love a wolf hunt if you can even find such a thing anymore. Hit me with some interesting ideas guys. What have y'all got?

Kodiak island black tail hunt, unguided. Stay in a forestry cabin, then when you've harvested your bucks, hit up a few days of sea fishing. Donate the deer meat to the locals and package and ship the fish home. Only trip my wife has told me to go back and do because of the fish. All in we spent a little less then 5k and we're gone 8 days.

That's not a bad idea at all. I went with a buddy on a Kodiak bear hunt, he was a resident, we did a DIY and it was awesome. Shoot me a pm if.you dont mind with some outfitter recommendations

Elk hunting in the Thorofare Region of Wyoming. This is the most remote place in the lower 48. Numerous opportunities for elk, deer, the occasional wolf and plenty sightings of griz. Be prepared to ride a horse almost non stop for at least 9 hours just to get to camp and that is on a good day. My other choice would be moose in the Yukon, but that would blow your 15K budget. Happy hunting!

Those are some solid ideas. I talked to a couple guys last night about potentially planning a DIY moose hunt. That will most likely be in the 2022 time frame so I'm going to research some of the ideas you all have given me here for this coming year. The helicopter hog hunt would be a blast.and so dove hunting in Argentina is a great idea, the Kodiak Sitka hunt would be great too

If you've never done it, go to Africa. It is awesome. Also one of the best hunts I have ever done was horseback free range stag with Algar in Argentina. with 2 weeks it would even give you time for sightseeing in Bariloche and a tango show in BA.
RX6xgmR.jpg

I do want to go to Africa very bad, honestly the logistics scare me more than anything about that. That argentina stag trip looks awesome though. I'll have to check into that

I know the border closures have thrown a wrench in a lot of stuff. If it wasnt for that is probably jump on a Canadian moose hunt or Newfoundland caribou

I do want to go to Africa very bad, honestly the logistics scare me more than anything about that. That argentina stag trip looks awesome though. I'll have to check into that

Honestly Africa is not that bad. First time I went it was a bit intimidating. Now its much easier. If you would consider going then I'd suggest going over to Africahunting.com and joining. Read some hunt reports and look at travel threads. Most airlines going will take your firearm. Some require paperwork ahead of time and some don't. If going to RSA then you can hire someone for $100 to help you through customs and the paperwork at Jo-berg. Last yr I did the paperwork myself and went through with no problems. First time and its a good idea to hire someone.
Few simple travel rules with rifles and ammo and your good to go. Lots of great companies to hunt with. Many advertise over on AH. Also look over on accuratereloading.com in the hunt reports. Spend a little time reading and you'll see who some of the great PH's and companies are by how they treat their clients. I'm thinking I'm going back for trip number 6 next year. Might have room for another hunter if logistics work out. Your budget would allow for a great trip. Any questions feel free to ask.
Bruce

It's about time for the vacation calendar to come out at work and things are crazy this year and I have no idea what time of year I'm gonna be able.to.get my vacation. That being said it is also time to plan a new hunting trip. I have done several fun hunts but I'm kind of interested in trying something new or different. I have hunted bears and elk and whitetail although not opposed to doing one of those again I'm interested in new ideas. Let's set some parameters first. I need to be able to pull it off in about 2 weeks. I have points for elk and mule deer in Wyoming but that's it, so anywhere else needs to be over the counter or super easy to draw. I'm game for guided or unguided, big game or wingshooting firearms or archery. Open to pretty much any ideas. Need to keep the cost reasonable, I would dig pretty deep for something like a moose or caribou, but let's cap it at $15,000 to make it interesting. Give me some ideas, stuff local to where you live, things that are often overlooked. I would love a wolf hunt if you can even find such a thing anymore. Hit me with some interesting ideas guys. What have y'all got?
wolf is good hunting right now in Alaska with a good call taylor hwy truck needed and 4 wheeler needed moose and boo hunting just ended so all the hunters are gone and the wolves are out on the hunt if you can find a guide would be a cheap hunt

Recent Posts