New addition to the family ...

FEENIX

and future hunting/hiking companion. A Karelian Bear Dog (Karelian Bear Dog Information and Pictures) born 25 Oct 2009.

My sons named him "THOR".

PC230427.jpg

PC230429.jpg

PC230406.jpg

Cute little fella, looks like he'll be a handsome adult. I too read about the breed and sounds like they'll have no problem attacking even a bear. Hopefully that circumstance will never present itself. Good luck and many happy dogs years.

Last edited:
Congrats Ed,
he sure looks like a good hunting companion. Read the info on the link, very interesting dog for hunters like we are. Your kids will grow with a great hunting partner. Liked his name. Good luck with him, keep us posted with pictures as he grows up and starts hunting with you.

Congrats Ed, on a new buddy for the family. Those are very loyal dogs and they are very cautious around strangers. I know you will enjoy Thor for many years to come.

Jim

Thanks again for all the compliments and encouragement. He's getting used to his new home and we're all adjusting with him very well.

Here's Thor stretching out his reign at the backyard ... he loves the snow and locked on a couple of squirrels on the fence line and trees.

PC240386.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts