New addition.. 300wm

ohiohunter

My newest edition 300wm, McMillan game scout, 25" bartlein, Stiller predator action, ptg bottom metal w/ a wyatt box, Sightron SII big sky 6.5-20x50 on seekins rings. Total weight 9.8lbs. Time to start load development.

Attachments

• IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 49
Nice rig. My Game Scout should be ready next month, and hopefully get to my gunsmith. How do you like the way your hand fits on the grip? What bullet are you going to use?

The palm swell is thicker and obviously more vertical compared to a traditional stock like my htg. It may be more comfortable to grip it like my fclass stock, with my thumb more vertical vs wrapped around.

I had it throated so I can shoot the 215's as well as shorter 190's. Pretty much had the smith throat it how he likes to throat his 300's, I trust him in his craft.

Nice. You are going to like it. I built a 300 WM on a Game Scout this winter. I really like how the stock feels. Mine comes in a little heavier than yours. It finished at 10 lbs 2 oz with a 5-20 SHV, #3 Brux, Borden Timberline action. Most forgiving rifle I've ever shot. Started at 73 gr of H1000 and worked up to 79 gr in Nosler brass. Shot every powder charge the same! So I am using the 79 gr load with 215 Bergers at 3000 fps.

Shot it today for break in. Used some win 180gr soft point factory loads. Group 1: 3shots 1.3"; group 2: 3shots 0.64"; group 3: 4shots 0.97" if I were to cull one bullet from that lot it would measure 0.64". I really didn't put too much effort into the groups, it was windy and I just wanted to get the initial break in finished with.

Loaded up my ladder test rounds 71-73.2gr in 0.2gr increments. I'm using h-1000, rws brass, and 215's.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.