*NEW* 8mm (.323") Cutting Edge MTH bullets

Swamplord

Good News for all the fine gentlemen who understand the 8mm caliber but have been ignored for too long !

Dan and crew at Cutting Edge Bullets delivered on their promise to produce a new 8mm (.323 cal.) Match Tactical Hunting (MTH) long range bullet !
While none of the other bullet makers paid any attention to the starving 8mm shooters, Cutting Edge Bullets took on this project and in record time placed a batch of bullets in my hands ....

I recently received a batch of the bullets and they are smokin HOT ! These 8mm MTH bullets are designed as a true MAX long range bullet but will reliably stabilize in standard 10 twist barrels commonly found in factory rifles like the 8mm Remington Mag, 325 WSM, 8X57 Mauser and other cartridges that utilize .323" caliber bullets .......
The ability to use this new bullet in factory 10 twist rifles was one of the design requirements Dan and I agreed early on so all 8mm shooters will benefit ! The MTH bullet design is a fantastic do-all big game hunting bullet from point blank range & way out to 4 digit distances ....

**Note that BC has not been verified yet but estimated to be somewhere @ .620-.650 BC (G1) **

While the bullets were being made I developed a delivery system for this bullet that has plenty of capacity to transform the 8mm caliber into an effective and reliable long range big game hunter !

I used my 300 LRH case dimensions (300 Norma Mag parent case) and necked up to 8mm for a max neck length @ .328" and case h20 capacity of 111.0 gr !

A special thanks to Frank Green @ Bartlein Barrels for expediting the re contouring and fluting of the 28" 10 twist # 3b contour barrel for my 8mm Long Range Hunter rifle project that is now under way !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 546
While none of the other bullet makers paid any attention to the starving 8mm shooters
In all fairness, GSC has been making a range of .323" bullets for more than ten years. In fact, the 323165HP dates back to '95, I think. We have been making a range of 6 different bullets in three diameters because Euro cartridges are a different size to USA cartridges. We even do a range for .318" cartridges. :)

There's plenty of great 8mm bullets available for hunting and target use and I've shown some of the best in the comparison photo earlier

BUT .....

We are talking about higher bc long range hunting bullets !
The only bullet we had in 8mm that fits that description is the Sierra 220 gr SBT but the bc on that bullet is not that great at .521, the other Sierra bullet is the 200 gr Match King with a .520 bc ....

The goal here is to spur bullet makers to start respecting the 8mm (.323) caliber and produce bullets that we can use for hunting game at long range,

Cutting Edge Bullets have responded with this fantastic bullet that has bc's similar to the Berger 30 cal. 210 gr ...... and that's saying a lot !

Sweet! I've been shooting 200 gr partitions out of my 8mm Mag to great success but they are definitely not a long range bullet. THIS is a long range bullet!

There's plenty of great 8mm bullets available for hunting and target use and I've shown some of the best in the comparison photo earlier

BUT .....

The only bullet we had in 8mm that fits that description is the Sierra 220 gr SBT but the bc on that bullet is not that great at .521, the other Sierra bullet is the 200 gr Match King with a .520 bc ....

The goal here is to spur bullet makers to start respecting the 8mm (.323) caliber and produce bullets that we can use for hunting game at long range,

Cutting Edge Bullets have responded with this fantastic bullet that has bc's similar to the Berger 30 cal. 210 gr ...... and that's saying a lot !

What are the bullet length/case projection specs? It sure looks like this bullet could be a game changer for any of the 8mm's...

BUT .....

Finally, you made my day! :) Thank you both @Swamplord and CEB for your efforts creating a real competitive long - range bullet for the great 8mmS / .323 caliber. I really do hope that these bullets will find their way to Europe too, because here we use .323 on big scale.

In all fairness, GSC has been making a range of .323" bullets for more than ten years. In fact, the 323165HP dates back to '95, I think. We have been making a range of 6 different bullets in three diameters because Euro cartridges are a different size to USA cartridges. We even do a range for .318" cartridges. :)

We would also love to hear more about GS – Custom bullets, which have a very good reputation among hunters and shooters. In Europe, we will very soon see the same kind of bans as in California due to lead containing projectiles. There will be an increasing demand for lead - free bullets on short terms, and many people me included prefer high-tech products (with ogive – rings) as GSC, CEB among others before using Barnes, GMX, etc. I do think that there is unfortunately a lack of promotion and availability in Europe concerning GSC products. Maybe you should go for a cooperation with an industrial ammo - producer who will produce cartridges with your projectiles. That's what others are doing quite successfully.

Hawk Precision Bullets have a good selection of 8mm bullets up to 250 and 280 gr but none of them are long range type of bullets,

I've contacted them about the need for a high bc 250 gr jacketed lead core bullet, waiting for a response !

Hawk Precision Bullets PRICE LIST

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 231
To all who were interested in the 225 gr Cutting Edge MTH bullets and expressed interest in a heavier, higher bc bullet ........

Cutting Edge Bullets have responded once again to us 8mm caliber fans and are offering a 256 gr 8mm MTH bullet with an estimated bc at .750 !

I have an order in for 500 pcs for the first production run and anyone who wants in on these history making unheard of and often fantasized about 8mm bullets can order them directly from Cutting Edge Bullets ....

My 8mm/.323" caliber bullet bc improvement campaign has reached a new level !!

Thanks to Dan and all at Cutting Edge Bullets for listening and responding swiftly !

I developed my wildcat the 8mm Vampyre specifcally for these bullets and the 145 gr h20 capacity will finally be put to good use !

https://cuttingedgebullets.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=3231

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.