NEW 7 SHERMAN SHORT TACTICAL (SST)

elkaholic

With all the SS line covered and sst's now chambered in 6, 25, and 6.5 folks were asking when a 7 SST might be in the works. Most of the requests centered around a 7mm competition round that would easily run a 180 hybrid at 2900' with a 30 degree shoulder and in the short sst configuration. With the new ADG brass now available, it did seem like a good idea so I ordered a reamer. It should run the 180 up to about 2950' or so at 2.9" coal with easy feeding.

Not seeing much data on this particular Sherman round anywhere.
Anyone got some real world data with 180vld bergers or 180eldm?
Velocities, loads, oacl to lands with these bullets?

Thanks!

Not seeing much data on this particular Sherman round anywhere.
Anyone got some real world data with 180vld bergers or 180eldm?
Velocities, loads, oacl to lands with these bullets?

Thanks!
Everybody builds the ss and no data turned in yet. Based on throating compared to the ss, the 180 hybrid should hit the lands at about 2.9" even.
It should reach 2975' with 3 or 4 powders

I am thinking short barrel (20") 1:8" 7 SMax to run a suppressor....maybe 184s or 195s? Any idea on speeds I could run?

Torn between a 7SS and a 7SST. Anyone have a reason for one over the other??

Attachments

• 9978A8CF-0C30-4AD4-92BC-79EE1464C586.jpeg
    9978A8CF-0C30-4AD4-92BC-79EE1464C586.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 474
Torn between a 7SS and a 7SST. Anyone have a reason for one over the other??
Depends on your application and bullets you want to run if you want to run some long heavies and not need an extended box or worry about coal then run SST but you will loose a bit of performance. If you have the mag box and want all the bang for your buck you can get the SS. If I remember correct the SST was designed more with PRS and gas guns in mind.
Now if you have a medium action and mag box room go to a Sherman Max that will really get you going.