New 6x45

snox801

Got my new 6x45 barreled order. Its getting paired to a howa 1500 action set in an axiom stock. Will be a sixteen inch barrel for walking. Wanted to do it on the cheap and got that done with this combo. Should be a fun cheap little gun for beginners and youth. Cant wait.

Always good to see someone thinking of the kids. Have you picked a bullet? Do you have a total weight in mind?

When you get it together be sure to post again.

I've got a short action 700, with that bolt face and I'm kicking around the same idea.

I haven't got a weight cause the barrel will be shorter. But it should be light. I'm gonna shoot the nosler ct 95 gr bullets. Possibly the cutting edge 65 grain. Got a spare vx7 4-14 power ill slap on it. Little over scoped but it was just laying around. should be able to push them around 2700 fps. Just a guess.

I also thought about building a 6x45 for varmints. Its very easy on brass, powder, and has great barrel life. Would really like to shoot 65gr or 75gr V-MAXs with H335 in it for short ranged 0-300yd varmints. Be sweet on a Remington 700 SA with #7 contour 24" Hart and a thumbhole stock. Put a good trigger in it and top it with a Leupold or Vortex. Low recoiling little varminter that would surely put a hurtin' on a groundhog.

Would be a great little round for that. I would look at barrel length you gain very little from anything over 18 inches. And almost nothing past 20. I decide on the larger bullets for deer and hogs and banging steel. I just didn't need another rodent round. Got to many already. I will post pics and total price when I'm done.

Would be a great little round for that. I would look at barrel length you gain very little from anything over 18 inches. And almost nothing past 20. I decide on the larger bullets for deer and hogs and banging steel. I just didn't need another rodent round. Got to many already. I will post pics and total price when I'm done.

Ya that's true because you're only burning around 28grs of H335 and that would definitely fully burn in a 20" barrel. Sometimes I get carried away with barrel length and fail to realize I don't need those extra 4inches haha.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.