New 6MM BR fan

I am having a 6MM BR built and was hoping to find a more user friendly forum. A couple of questions as well

I'm left with the impression that you got burned on a forum somewhere else on the net. That's unfortunate. I believe you'll find this one to be friendly.
In addition to other rifles, I shoot a 6BR Norma that was initially a bench rest gun and is now a tactical rifle. What are your questions.

I have gotten 2 very differing opinions from shooters on other forums. I am changing my old Wichita Silhouette pistol from 7MM-08 to a 6MM Remington BR. Primary reason is I can no longer tolerate the recoil. Hornaday Dies are available, Redding are much more difficult and I have not found any brass or instructions on what I could do. Norma Brass has been recommended, but Lapau comes up as the best choice? In real terms for someone on a budget which choice is the best? I am not going to compete in benchrest, but I have coyote's by the hundreds and an IHMSA range that I do go to. Just the facts Jackgun)

To be totally honest, with only about ten cents per round difference, I don't find any true cost advantage in one over the other. Both are top notch so I'd probably buy which ever I could find at any given time. If you're an IHMSA member you may be able to find a source that offers a lower price because of that affiliation.
Can't say as I blame you for trading the 7MM-08 for the 6BR. In fact, most of the Wichita Silhouette pistols I'm acquainted with are smaller calibers (e.g. .243) and I don't know anyone who shoots the larger versions like the .308, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts