New 6.5-284, keep working on load development???

Obviously, you have a winner there, but if you want to tinker more, I would try RL26. I had great accuracy with H1000, and H4831, but things really came alive for me in my 6.5x284 when I tried the RL 26. You've got a win/win on your hands.

Any experience with 130 grain Scirocco in a 26" barrel? I'm starting load development. Looking to do some long range wolf hunting.
Shot a few thousand Sciroccos in 6.5, 7mm, and .30 caliber.

Excellent accuracy but frequent failures in terminal velocity so I gave up on them. They can do some really odd things once they hit including turning 90 degrees or more.

For bonded bullets I ended up back to shooting the Hornady Interbond and Nosler Accubond.

I have been testing loads over several trips to the range. Accuracy has been great ( always less than MOA), but my extreme spread for velocity has been way to high (most 5 shot groups over 50 fps extreme spread). Today was finally the exception, ran a 6 shot group with H1000 and another with H4831, both shot at 20 ES. The H1000 is getting the velocity I was hoping for and looks very accurate. So, the question is, do I still try and find a good node and run through a ladder test? This is going to be my new deer hunting gun and will be shooting lots of steel out to 1000. I am thinking of loading up some of the H1000 and shoot some groups at 800 yards, if I get close to ½ moa I just call it good. Any thoughts?

Build details

6.5-284

Defiance Deviant Hunter

Proof Sendero light

McMillian Game Hunter with edge fill

Leupold VX6 3-18

APA scope rings

Hawkins bottom metal and brake

Timney trigger

View attachment 134664 View attachment 134665

Jeff, let's talk more about neck tension.

What kind of dies are you using? Are they bushing dies?

Are you paying close attention to your neck thickness and uniformity?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.