New 338 Edge

Willy 1

Can anyone shoting the 338 edge give me a good starting point for reloading for this round. I know all rifles vary a bit but what I have is a 26 inch barrell, plan on using H-1000 for powder and 300 gr smk's for bullets.
Thanks

I have shot a couple of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I would start at 88.0 grains and work up from there. Depending on chamber specs etc, you may end up as high as 94.0 grains. Good luck.

Shawn Thanks for the information. That is about the area that I was thinking but just wanted to be on the safe side. Can you also tell me what kind of velocity I should be seeing using loads in the 88-94 gr. range. When my gun was chambered the reamer that was used was made to have a OAL of 3.920. What would you recomend going close to the lands or shorter and letting it get a bit of a jump before it gets into the lands.
Thanks Again

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.