New .325 WSM (8mm)

way-out

Has any one got to shoot one or got to look at the info on this gun. I read about it and it is sapose to be better than a .338 win mag.I think the article said about 3k with a 200 grn accubond. Am just woundering if it is going to be a shooter?

Kris

it wont make it-there a couple problems-there are too many existing chamberings that already do what it can do and more[300wsm]-8mm bullet selection is not that good-b.c.'s arent good -s.d.'s arent very good even with new accubond,which only has a b.c. of around .410 its still nothing smile about -the 300wsm with a 200g accubond versus the the 8mm 200g accubond wins hands down-it would make a decent timber gun-but from a LR standpoint-it will dissapoint-my-2-dave

I have shot the .325 extensively, hunted with it up in Alaska. This is a hard hitting, flat shooting short magnum. Recoil is very manageable, the Super Shadow rifle I shot was heavy enough and had a mushy recoil pad so the rifle was easy to control.
Shot it out to 500 on paper and steel, 800 on a rock guessing it was about the size of a basketball. Very uniform ammo, easily some of the best I have ever run chronograph tests on - 3 ten shot strings for both the 200 and 220 gr. bullet resulted in incredibly similar averages. Accuracy at 100 yards ranged from just a smidge over 0.5" to about 1.25-1.5". Rifle was stock, scope was so-so until I put on a Leupold MK4 MRT, then got best accuracy.
Impressive looking cartridge, 200 gr. at 2950 fps says it all.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.