New .300 WSM Build

First post on this site but wanted to get thoughts. This is my first fully custom build, and after long debate, I've decided on a .300 WSM as I feel its the most versatile. Assembling all the pieces and will have Phoenix Custom Rifles do the build. Several of the custom parts have 5-6 month lead time right now, so there is too much patience involved in this process.

Here are the specs:
Defiance Machine Deviant Hunter Long Action - Magnum Bolt - Tear Drop bolt knob - and extra deep fluting on the bolt.
McMillan HTG Stock with a 50 Olive 35 Tan 15 Black blend and clamp bar cheekpiece
Bartein Barrel 1:10 5R, sendero taper, finished at 26" and fluted to 24"
Timney 510 trigger, set to 2# pull (only component I have on hand so far!!)
Badger Thruster break

I'm debating between keeping the stainless look on the metal or going with a matte black cerakote on all metal.

Harris Bipod
Seekins Scope Rings (still debating)
Nightforce SHV 5x20-56 scope
Hollands scope level

Already started working up some dummy rounds, and I've got my eye out for brass. Going to work a 215gr load.

Pieces will be coming in over the next few months...already getting antsy.

Are you planning on having the chamber cut with a longer throat so you can seat the 215 bullets long and free up some powder space in the cartridge?

I think black cerakote would look great with the olive/tan/black stock.

I have a 300 WSM and love it. Sounds like you have a good build going!

That's the plan. Going to stretch them out.

Looking on the cerakote page they have a really deep almost black green that I think would look awesome. But I keep going back and forth.

Have decided on the Seekins DBM at this time. Originally was thinking to go with a Rem BDL with a Wyatt Magazine Box. Got talked into the upgrade.

Got talked into the upgrade.

You'll be glad you did. What I appreciate the very most about my custom builds is their predictability. I got tired of one surprise after another with commercial rifles.

My latest build, a Borden 300 WSM with Hart barrel took exactly 13 rounds fired to find the load it liked at the right speed & accuracy with my chosen projectile. It's nice to have good stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.