New 300 RUM for the Bulls

I've never heard of it since 2004. I didn't have the problem with factory barrel and Rem brass at all. Good to know. I'm checking all fired cases now and found ten with separation rings on them with 3 loadings. Why pay more for ADG ? I Might go back to Remington brass. I have 100 new Norma. A 100 onced fired Gunwerks/ADG and 50 new ADG. A ton of Rem brass.
Thanks ! 👍🏼
Since you have some new brass, might be a good idea to check the size of the case with a micrometer right above the web where the ring always shows up after resizing. See what the dimension is before firing, after firing, and then after resizing. You may find that the die doesn't even reduce the size of fired brass right there. Then measure the size of one of the clickers.
This kinda all depends on the specs of the reamer used to cut the chamber. some chambers are a little larger in that area. I kinda suspect the factory chamber might be a tad larger.

Norma brass was so tight in my chamber, I could only get one firing before getting clickers.

Since you have some new brass, might be a good idea to check the size of the case with a micrometer right above the web where the ring always shows up after resizing. See what the dimension is before firing, after firing, and then after resizing. You may find that the die doesn't even reduce the size of fired brass right there. Then measure the size of one of the clickers.
This kinda all depends on the specs of the reamer used to cut the chamber. some chambers are a little larger in that area. I kinda suspect the factory chamber might be a tad larger.

Norma brass was so tight in my chamber, I could only get one firing before getting clickers.
I'll do that. Thanks . using Redding Precision Dies

this is in a factory rifle!!?? sounds like rem used that reamer till it was literally toast..

which doesn't surprise me at all

No. It's a custom rifle.

Nowhere near as nice as the one that started this thread though!
Well that can explain a lot also ... some smiths get min spec reamers that are on the absolute bottom end of the spec and dont allow the case to stretch at all and you will get clickers very easily

UPDATE:

Sent the rifle to Justin at Kinport Peak Rifles to have him mill out the bottom to accept a 4" box. Feeds perfectly. Justin had it sent back to me in just 1 week.

So now I can feed 245's. Checked the touching land distance at 3.954" so going to start pressure testing on N570 and H1000. I will update as I go with it.

Update. I started pressure testing with the 245's. Found a wide node around the 3,030' mark. Started an OCW at 200 and confirmed what I found. Started seating depths off 0.010" down to 0.040" never found anything I was happy with (under 1/2 moa). So I got busy with other stuff. Today I switched temporarily to the 215's and N570. OCW at 200 yards. Super nice wide node high up at 3,200 to 3,210. Didn't really expect to get to there but primers were flattening some, no heavy bolt lift, no extractor marks so went on with it. Did seating depths at 0.040", 0.030" 0.020", 0.010", 0.000" and then 0.008". So went through them all they were largest groups starting furtherest off the lands. Got tighter closer I got to the lands. 0.000" was .6" at 200 yards. But I thought what the heck, I've had luck in the lands before on large bores, so went 0.008" (don't ask why) and got a 4 shot group at 0.36" at 200 yards, 3,200 3,202 3,207 and 3,199. So let, cleaned the barrel good. Shot 3 fowlers, let it cool off then fired another 3 shot group into .31". I'll try to post pictures tomorrow to prove it lol. It got dark on me fast. So it repeated. I'll see it repeats tomorrow. If so, Thursday may try to shoot some 1,000 yard groups with it. Then back to the 245's testing.

So it looks like the 215 gr are really Magical !!
Only had one in my hand once . Never fired any .
I have been working on the 245 gr also ..
Last group of three was about 1/2" at 3010 , 3009 , 3009 with Nv570 @ .020 off the land . Next is a test as above !
Just some tweeking with seating depth and I should be good .

Waiting for your results also !!

Rum Man

So this morning went out to shop and realized I left 5 cases with powder in them and did not put a bullet in them. So I thought this is an opportunity to see how the moisture just over night affected the load. So I took 3 of them seated the bullets then took fresh powder and loaded 3 of same load. **** the ones exposed to moisture during the night and the group was 1.5" at 200 yards. So let it cool down to ambient temp which by the way was 30 degrees cooler than when I was shooting yesterday then shot the other three fresh ones at .44" at 200. I blame the coffee. But if you don't think that keeping your powder fresh and away from moisture isn't a big thing you should try that experiment.