New 300 PRC Build

Weatherby Fan

I sold my last 300 PRC to my nephew so have been going through 300 PRC withdrawals !!!!
I finally received the last of my parts for a new 300 PRC build, I dropped everything off to Gunsmith Gary Flach, I said the usual.......he says what colour.....I says surprise me, its always nice when one of your best friends is your gunsmith.

As usual out pops a beauty of a rifle, I can't thank Gary enough for his amazing work.

Defiance Anti Action
26 inch #4 contour Fluted 1-9 twist Benchmark Barrel, Flach custom 2 port brake added
Titanium gunkote on the barrelled action then Gary blackened the flutes on the barrel and the bolt flutes,
Wildcat Standard weight CF stock with a palm swell and a slight comb added
Triggertech Special Trigger, Oberndorf Bottom metal with a Wyatts 3.85" mag box and the 300 PRC follower kit
Talleys holding a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 Z-plex scope,
Total weight 8lbs 3.2oz scoped

Now to get this thing to the range !

I sold my last 300 PRC to my nephew so have been going through 300 PRC withdrawals !!!!
I finally received the last of my parts for a new 300 PRC build, I dropped everything off to Gunsmith Gary Flach, I said the usual.......he says what colour.....I says surprise me, its always nice when one of your best friends is your gunsmith.

As usual out pops a beauty of a rifle, I can't thank Gary enough for his amazing work.

Defiance Anti Action
26 inch #4 contour Fluted 1-9 twist Benchmark Barrel, Flach custom 2 port brake added
Titanium gunkote on the barrelled action then Gary blackened the flutes on the barrel and the bolt flutes,
Triggertech Special Trigger, Oberndorf Bottom metal with a Wyatts 3.85" mag box and the 300 PRC follower kit

How do you like you anTI? I just ordered an anTI-X. Also, if you could change anything, if anything, what would it be? I am in the process of building a 300 PRC as well and getting some ideas.

Defiance Anti Action

She's a beauty.

Very nice! I wish I could get my hands one of those stocks.
These stocks come as a raw blank roughed in inlet for your action, so your gunsmith has to sand, fill, bed, paint, install butt pad and swivel studs, I always get my gunsmith to add palm swell, high comb,

They are made in SHERWOOD PARK. Alberta Canada, I don't believe he ships to the US anymore.

How do you like you anTI? I just ordered an anTI-X. Also, if you could change anything, if anything, what would it be? I am in the process of building a 300 PRC as well and getting some ideas.
So far so good, its not quite as smooth as my Defiance Rebel but a close second, its very light of course, LA 21.7 ounces (Kimber Montana 84L 20.7 ounces) it has a long opening for a 3.85" Wyatts mag box, if using Talley rings make sure you get the extended front foot as lots of scopes will not fit in the regular Talleys, tubes are to short or the bell hits the rear mount base.

Ive used 3 AnTi actions one for a 280 AI, a Wby 6.5 RPM and the 300 PRC, I just brought the 6.5 RPM and the 300 PRC home from the gunsmiths so haven't even shot them yet.
I did get a Mule deer this year with my 280AI, it weighed 5lbs 2oz on its own and 6lbs 3.7oz with Talleys and Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 ZL-CDS 30mm tube scope, used a 23 inch #1 contour fluted Benchmark Barrel, Wildcat Ultralight stock, I just developed a load quickly with R26/160gr AB and only had the gun for a few days before I shot this deer

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.