New 28Nos and antelope hunt

Lethal_Chica

Hey guys and gals! Been absent for awhile, lurking occasionally when time permits. Life/work has been busy. Finally started shooting my 6.5 SAUM again since the weather has cooled down.

My 28 Nosler came in yesterday. She is absolutely beautiful! Pic attached. Built by Davis Custom Rifle. Manners stock; Defiance anTi action; Bartlein barrel with 1-8 twist; Trigger Tech trigger; Beast muzzle brake. Can't wait to mount an optic and put a few rounds down it!

I am taking my 19yo nephew on his first western hunt to Wyoming for antelope tomorrow. He has muscular dystrophy so traditional sports were not an option for him. However, shooting sports have been a perfect hobby for him. The photo of the group below was last week from the bench at 100 yards using his Tikka 270 WSM and some handloads using 140grn Berger's. The kid can shoot and he really has enjoyed learning to handload. I am excited to be there for his first antelope harvest. Wish us luck!

Cheers,
Victoria

Attachments

• 28 Nosler.jpg
    28 Nosler.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 270wsm group.jpg
    270wsm group.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 336
I was just thinking yesterday that we have not seen any post from you lately. Happy you are doing well and able to go out west on a great hunt with your nephew. Keep us informed on how it goes.

'Lethal'....seems to run in the family..
Be prepared for snow...possibky dropping to 4500' and possibly lower......Monday afternoon on..

I was just thinking yesterday that we have not seen any post from you lately. Happy you are doing well and able to go out west on a great hunt with your nephew. Keep us informed on how it goes.
I had not done any shooting in the last 6 or 7 months. Between the craziness of work and the heat, which I absolutely hate I put rifle shooting on the back burner. 15 more months and I can retire and do all the shooting I want and not have to worry about work. I will post some pics from the hunt! Thanks, Victoria

That's awesome that you're taking him! Good on you!

Be so cool if each one of us could expose one youth and help them get going in the sport every year or so.

What part of Wyo will you be in and are you hunting on your own or guided?

Travel safe!

(we're suppose to get a fair bit of white in the next couple days, up to a foot in the mountains I hear)

That's a beautiful rifle ya got there! Hopefully it'll shoot as good as it looks.

Good luck with the hunt! I'm looking forward to hearing about it. 😁

That's awesome that you're taking him! Good on you!

Be so cool if each one of us could expose one youth and help them get going in the sport every year or so.

What part of Wyo will you be in and are you hunting on your own or guided?

Travel safe!

(we're suppose to get a fair bit of white in the next couple days, up to a foot in the mountains I hear)
A friend of mine is a guide in Wyoming. We will be up in the Gillette area. We wont be hunting until next Friday. Hopefully the weather will improve. Spending a few days with friends in Laramie first. I want to take my nephew up to Snowy Range and let him see real mountains. We have little hills back east here. Looking forward to him harvesting his first speed goat. I brought along the real camera to capture the memories.