Never was a Remington man

Sorry to burst your bubble but the rifle that was used to prove this was never tuned or modified and it was kept normal clean, it's a 243 ADL and it would consistently drop the firing pin and was an unsafe gun and the guys who pushed it had nothing to do with the "left" in fact they would be offended at the inference.

He still shouldn't have left a loaded and cocked gun on the bench unattended and started fiddle-f***ing around in front of it... That's just asking for something bad to happen. This is why I said "negligence" in my post. lightbulb

He still shouldn't have left a loaded and cocked gun on the bench unattended and started fiddle-f***ing around in front of it... That's just asking for something bad to happen. This is why I said "negligence" in my post. lightbulb
No one said anything about should not be in front of it but there are multiple rifles that will drop the pin, the one used in the lawsuit actually didn't hurt anyone did blow a hole in some dirt when attempting safe unloading and it would drop the pin regularly.

No one said anything about should not be in front of it but there are multiple rifles that will drop the pin, the one used in the lawsuit actually didn't hurt anyone did blow a hole in some dirt when attempting safe unloading and it would drop the pin regularly.

I'm talking about some of the ones in the original left-wing highly-edited 20/20 interview that claimed the faulty trigger caused a casualty, when they should not have left a loaded and cocked gun unattended on the bench, and were mulling-around out in front of it when it went off and killed someone. Watch the whole interview, you'll see what I'm talking about. But in the follow-up interview with Mike Walker (the designer of the trigger), they misrepresented what he said quite a few times to "make their point" about the "faulty" weapons. Both were typical left-wing 2nd Amendment assassination attempts, and it was painfully obvious and asinine to those of us responsible 2A supporters and gun owners. Rhian, we're still friends, and I can respect your disagreement and opinion. But regardless of someone's favorite brand, those hit-pieces were agenda-driven bullcrap that was fed to the masses, from beginning to end to make guns look "dangerous" and "evil". The same idiots who try to say that AR's are more dangerous because they are semi-auto, have large-capacity capabilities, and are that "evil" black color.

My first new rifle was a Remington model 700 ADL deluxe and bone stock from the box with a cheapo Tasco 6X scope . I sighted it in with factory Rem 180 grain Core-loct bullets and it put five rounds into a group you could cover with a teacup at a paced off 240 yds shooting off-hand. I gave each of my kids a rifle some years ago and the oldest son just had to have that 06, he didn't think I would part with it but I love my son more than that rifle.....just barely.LOL Now the newer 700s with the plastic stock and the bolt that feels like it is lubed with road gravel, I won't own one.

I would agree that most factory Remington rifles leave a lot to be desired these days . I have a bunch of old ones that shoot well , considering a total lack of upgrades and using factory ammo.

Every single one of my custom Remington rifles shoot absolutely outstanding. Most of that is due to the gunsmith, barrel and load development. But , if the action wasn't up to the job , they would be average.

Remington could do better, but they don't and people keep buying them . Same with Leupold STD mounts , people are buying an item based solely on the old school reputation of quality.

Gunpoint- you nailed it with the bolt and road gravel lmao!!

Weiserbucks- the last set of leup mounts I had went flying across the room in frustration and I think are still under a work bench

There are more 700 action on the firing line than any other by far at any long range shooting match...when trued up and cleaned up dollar for dollar they are hard to beat, period ! Findyourselfa used action on a beat up used rack and give it to a good gunsmith/machine man and he'll have it shooting as good as any $1500.00+ action in no time for a couple of hundred in machine time...a good Jewell trigger, any of the great barrels made today and you'll be competitive in no time. The good ole 700 action, simple and about as good as it gets..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.