Never to be repeated

Varmint Hunter

I spent the day at the club today testing some of my latest concoctions. Conditions were superb and I was able to shoot many sub .5 moa groups at the 400yd line. (actually 416yd)

Before the day was out I shot one hummer of a group with a 152gr Hammer bullet that will "Never Be Repeated". Info is on the target.

Attachments

• 30 Nosler - .340.jpg
    30 Nosler - .340.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 552
I spent the day at the club today testing some of my latest concoctions. Conditions were superb and I was able to shoot many sub .5 moa groups at the 400yd line. (actually 416yd)

Before the day was out I shot one hummer of a group with a 152gr Hammer bullet that will "Never Be Repeated". Info is on the target.
That's awesome

Ha! You missed the dot. No bueno. 🤣

Awesome! 🤯👍🇺🇸
Ahahahah - actually the dot was about 5" away because the rifle was sighted in for the 181 Hammers. LOL

The 124 Hammers in the 6.5PRC shot sub .5 moa with 3 different powders. As usual, RE26 produced the best speed but H4831 came in at 1.54" at the 400yd line. Velocity was still good at 3,235.

Last edited:
Well ****!!

What barrel twist and how fast are those things going out of? the 30 nosler

I having a 300NMI being built and curious where I'll land on the speed vs. weight scenario. 199gr going 3350 or 152gr going 3700 lol
The rifle wears a 26" Bartlein 10" twist with a .125" throat. As a poster noted, that's the velocity and the SD listed on the picture.

Ahahahah - actually the dot was about 5" away because the rifle was sighted in for the 181 Hammers. LOL

The 124 Hammers in the 6.5PRC shot sub .5 moa with 3 different powders. As usual, RE26 produced the best speed but H4198 came in at 1.54" at the 400yd line. Velocity was still good at 3,235.
Can't beat that.

IMPROVEMENT?
I noted that as I know a fellow or two that would not be happy with that group except for the day it was shot. Given time to think about it, they would not be pleased with it. I don't know Varmint Hunter, so I cannot speak for him and he may well improve upon it.
As for me - I know myself well enough to be certain, I would never improve upon that.

Last edited: